Suggestion MVP Tombs, The DC shop, and Battlegrounds.

Coojo

Sorry Eh?
Former Staff Member
03-May, 17
Canadia
IGN
Coojo
Did you not read my previous posts? Because I've specifically said 1 person or group can completely hoard the high value MVPs. I don't think you're getting the point here. Explain to me how the new players are supposed to get their MVP cards when there's no tombstones? You'll probably say buy it from the players but how? Hunt zeny? No because as of right now there's no use for zeny. War Badges? Good luck getting the amount you need since you'll be a sitting duck in BG with the beginner equips. Especially since the hoarders will be the one setting the prices since they will have full monopoly on the MVPs.
I did read it and i understand the point.

1:The point im getting at is that we have tried making it easier for everyone to get MvPs and it didn't work in an ideal manner. Im not offering a perfect solution, but since we've tried that and it didnt work then would it be reasonable to try making it harder for everyone (Including the "hoarders") instead of easier? Yes, new players will have difficulty assimilating to this change, but so will the hoarders. If the server shuts down for w/e reason when the hoarders are unaware at the time, they lose track of all the MvP times they knew about and the new players will have a chance to get the times for themselves.

2: Considering that new players get the freebie gears AND the rental system is still active i cannot cosign on the statement "War Badges? Good luck getting the amount you need since you'll be a sitting duck in BG with the beginner equips." Anyone starting out will have an easier time doing so than ever before when it comes to actual equipment and not cards.

21-Jun, 16
You are completely missing the point. The hoarders will have the timers set at as soon as the server opens. Do you think newer players will be ready to get them? I don't know how many times I have to state this point but with the server gearing up for official release you need to cater to the newer playerbase to keep them interested. Do you think that they'd even bother MVPing if they don't have a time for it?

Okay sure you have the lower tiered beginner equipment but as we all know cards is a huge part of the PvP system in any RO server and how are you supposed to get the necessary cards to compete with the older players without the tombstone system in play.

Albert

Former Staff Member
04-May, 16
Australia
Guild
Egg
IGN
Alberttttt
IMO MVP Tombstones should be kept since even tho newer players cannot really contest against older players in terms of damage, they can still have the chance to contest and maybe plan a strategy against hoarders. Since PVP will be enabled, newer players can make a party to fight against hoarders. I know hoarders can do the same thing but the MVP Tombstones existing allows everyone to have the CHANCE to go for the MVP of their choice even with the item disadvantages but at least they are given the opportunity to contest them. But with Tombstone removed, new players' chances of killing the Rare MVPs becomes even lower since all we get from the alternative is an approximate time. Bottom line, Tombstones should be kept since newer players are already in a disadvantaged position, removing it will pretty much prevent them from participating in MVP hunting.

Reactions: Aeris

Coojo

Sorry Eh?
Former Staff Member
03-May, 17
Canadia
IGN
Coojo
You are completely missing the point. The hoarders will have the timers set at as soon as the server opens. Do you think newer players will be ready to get them? I don't know how many times I have to state this point but with the server gearing up for official release you need to cater to the newer playerbase to keep them interested. Do you think that they'd even bother MVPing if they don't have a time for it?

Okay sure you have the lower tiered beginner equipment but as we all know cards is a huge part of the PvP system in any RO server and how are you supposed to get the necessary cards to compete with the older players without the tombstone system in play.
I am not missing your point, i understand what you're saying/where you're coming from.

Yes, hoarders will have the time the server opens. But they won't be able to keep track of them 100% if they don't have a clock specifying the spawn times. There are reasons why someone wouldnt be able to hoard if they didn't have a clock specifying the time (Server restarts w/o the hoarders knowing when, MvP's not being killed in a timely fashion by other people while a hoarder sleeps ect) but there wouldn't be any reason a hoarder wouldnt know spawn times when theres a literal clock. It seems only logical to me that would result in increased difficulty attempting to hoard.

I 100% agree that cards are an important factor and should be relatively accessible to new players. I personally think a possible solution is the BG shops offering Mystical Card Albums for a 4~5 hundred badges. But i don't agree that we should make them so accessible that they new players don't have to work for them simply because they don't want to put in the time.

Last edited:

lkjewq

Developer
04-May, 16
The server's finances are fine as-is (redcar is an adult not your average 18 year old server owner) and a cosmetic donate shop is absolutely the right way to proceed which should not jeopardize the server's well-being. Will the server make less money overall? Yes. Will the server be more fun and balanced for everyone playing? Probably.

To use an external example, Fortnite is doing absolutely fine being mostly funded from cosmetics.

Coojo

Sorry Eh?
Former Staff Member
03-May, 17
Canadia
IGN
Coojo
I believe it was just a debate. Or i thought it was.
./pushingthrough

21-Sep, 16
As an OBT player, I'm not against with the changes but since the DC part is the most contentious change, why not let the "existing DC" give the other way to be at least valuable as they were before like the ODC? It can be as a compensation for every OBT player donator.

23-Aug, 16
Guild
Domino
I suggest putting again Mvp Cards and Ex items In Dc shop with limited supplies so that there will be a limited stocks and restock again every 1 week

EXAMPLE :
5 EX RIP
5RETRI
5 MVP CARD
The one that can buy those items in reset has the opportunity to buy it and wait again for restock.
ETC.
:) just suggesting Respect post hehehe

Touhou

Noblerot
Server Management Team
12-May, 16
Fife, Scotland
IGN
GM-Touhou
I suggest putting again Mvp Cards and Ex items In Dc shop with limited supplies so that there will be a limited stocks and restock again every 1 week

EXAMPLE :
5 EX RIP
5RETRI
5 MVP CARD
The one that can buy those items in reset has the opportunity to buy it and wait again for restock.
ETC.
:) just suggesting Respect post hehehe
This encourages a pay to win scenario, which is the exact opposite of what we're trying to achieve.

17-Jul, 16
Guild
Egg
As an OBT player, I'm not against with the changes but since the DC part is the most contentious change, why not let the "existing DC" give the other way to be at least valuable as they were before like the ODC? It can be as a compensation for every OBT player donator.
+1 I completely agree. I think it’s unfair for those obt players that saved their dc.
Post automatically merged:

IMO MVP Tombstones should be kept since even tho newer players cannot really contest against older players in terms of damage, they can still have the chance to contest and maybe plan a strategy against hoarders. Since PVP will be enabled, newer players can make a party to fight against hoarders. I know hoarders can do the same thing but the MVP Tombstones existing allows everyone to have the CHANCE to go for the MVP of their choice even with the item disadvantages but at least they are given the opportunity to contest them. But with Tombstone removed, new players' chances of killing the Rare MVPs becomes even lower since all we get from the alternative is an approximate time. Bottom line, Tombstones should be kept since newer players are already in a disadvantaged position, removing it will pretty much prevent them from participating in MVP hunting.
+1 having a group pvp for mvp sounds fun.

21-Jun, 16
Yes, hoarders will have the time the server opens. But they won't be able to keep track of them 100% if they don't have a clock specifying the spawn times. There are reasons why someone wouldnt be able to hoard if they didn't have a clock specifying the time (Server restarts w/o the hoarders knowing when, MvP's not being killed in a timely fashion by other people while a hoarder sleeps ect) but there wouldn't be any reason a hoarder wouldnt know spawn times when theres a literal clock. It seems only logical to me that would result in increased difficulty attempting to hoard.
Have you MVP'd when Open Beta was at it's peak? There was real competition for the contested ones, I know I'd occasionally show up to a GTB once or twice a week and there would be around 10-15 people there so no Hoarding was definitely harder to do so. It gave everyone a fair chance for it. If you want a competitive MVP scenario the best way to do it is a tombstone system with the map having PvP enabled as soon as the spawn window opens. The only reason why hoarding became such a problem was because server population died down. Having the tombstones in a populated server makes it less likely for one person or group to have a complete monopoly on MVPs.

Cynosure

Former Staff Member
08-Nov, 16
Phillipines
Guild
Classics, Triggered,
IGN
Cynosure
Have you MVP'd when Open Beta was at it's peak? There was real competition for the contested ones, I know I'd occasionally show up to a GTB once or twice a week and there would be around 10-15 people there so no Hoarding was definitely harder to do so. It gave everyone a fair chance for it. If you want a competitive MVP scenario the best way to do it is a tombstone system with the map having PvP enabled as soon as the spawn window opens. The only reason why hoarding became such a problem was because server population died down. Having the tombstones in a populated server makes it less likely for one person or group to have a complete monopoly on MVPs.
Thank You!
That's why you need opinions of experienced people and not people who just speculate. (no offence)

17-Jul, 16
Guild
Egg
+1 how can someone hoard the mvp. If everyone can actually check if what time the mvp gonna spawn.

Reactions: Cynosure
21-Jun, 16
The server's finances are fine as-is (redcar is an adult not your average 18 year old server owner) and a cosmetic donate shop is absolutely the right way to proceed which should not jeopardize the server's well-being. Will the server make less money overall? Yes. Will the server be more fun and balanced for everyone playing? Probably.

To use an external example, Fortnite is doing absolutely fine being mostly funded from cosmetics.

Completely agree, there needs to be things in there that actually look visually appealing to make people want to put money into the server.

Albert

Former Staff Member
04-May, 16
Australia
Guild
Egg
IGN
Alberttttt
+1
Personally, I was able to contest against Co Ai and other MVP hunters due to the Tombstone system being in place even if I was more of a casual player. So I don't really know where this idea of hoarding comes from when Tombstone existed since it allowed even casual players who had obligations to contest these MVPs.

23-Aug, 16
Guild
Domino
To stop this %#!@ put tomb again and give 5rental tickets every day so that the new guys in this server can compete

Reactions: G A N J A H
24-Feb, 17
This encourages a pay to win scenario, which is the exact opposite of what we're trying to achieve.
Hi, it seems that you guys are trying to avoid the P2W system, to me it doesn't really affect the server that much, I haven't seen rich people dominating the server, we don't even know the current richest player in the server as they have no notable distinctive feature that comes from being rich except cosmetics. If you really want to control it, how about limiting the amount of donation which can be accepted to avoid the mass donation from really rich people, and if this gets implemented then MVP cards as rental items might be necessary.

The only thing that I do not approve of is the removal of the tombstone, I started from the scratch and not even once did I donate, but I can assure you that the tombstone system is one of the most wonderful things in this server, it helped me so much to get where I/we am/are right now. I did not get jealous of the donators, so I don't have any problem with P2W, plus the rental system(aweesome thing) makes up for it. People who couldn't get rich without donating have only themselves to blame, I and many others are living testimony of it. But I'm afraid that with the removal of the tombstone, they have to take on a long and hard journey than what we have taken, which is unfair to them.

Just my opinion, if you think P2W is bad then you can go ahead as I too cannot be sure, only time can tell.

Last edited:
13-May, 16
Since everyone will be farming again, will there be PVP in the guild dungeons again? :D

Reactions: Dex Reid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)