Suggestion MVP Tombs, The DC shop, and Battlegrounds.

XKuramaYouko

Elite Forum Member
13-Jun, 17
Guild
Phantasm
I'm waiting til official release until I put my thoughts into this since there may be some things they haven't let us preview in early access. I think they're aiming for the long run. Both sides have good points.

21-Jun, 16
Do you not realize that the loot boxes being in the MVP warper completely undermines your BG model? Hit MVP mobs or play BG for a week, I wonder which one people would do. Also you said it was less than an hour's worth of work but now you're going back on your word saying that it'll be between an hour to two weeks. I don't get what you're trying to say at this point.

02-Sep, 16
Do you not realize that the loot boxes being in the MVP warper completely undermines your BG model? Hit MVP mobs or play BG for a week, I wonder which one people would do. Also you said it was less than an hour's worth of work but now you're going back on your word saying that it'll be between an hour to two weeks. I don't get what you're trying to say at this point.
Yes. We cater both extreme of two types of extreme models. One that always AFK waiting (2 weeks model) for BG/WoE and one that's always farming MVP non-stop (1-hour model). Of course, those who are actually placing more efforts will reap the better rewards, that comes without saying.

Jack

Here to help
Developer
12-Sep, 16
Australia
Guild
Generic
IGN
Shoe Shiner/RuthIess
Playing bg is far from afk waiting...

playing bg actually requires you to think about what you are doing.

logging in to MVP is legit press on the mvp and wait 5 seconds for it to die

21-Jun, 16
Yes. We cater both extreme of two types of extreme models. One that always AFK waiting (2 weeks model) for BG/WoE and one that's always farming MVP non-stop (1-hour model). Of course, those who are actually placing more efforts will reap the better rewards, that comes without saying.
What do you mean AFK waiting? In what world is BGing and WoEing less effort than asuraing 1 MvP every 10 seconds? Saying things like that shows how completely out of touch you are with the majority of the playerbase on which this server was built upon (PvP,WoE)

02-Sep, 16
Playing bg is far from afk waiting...

playing bg actually requires you to think about what you are doing.

logging in to MVP is legit press on the mvp and wait 5 seconds for it to die
What do you mean AFK waiting? In what world is BGing and WoEing less effort than asuraing 1 MvP every 10 seconds? Saying things like that shows how completely out of touch you are with the majority of the playerbase on which this server was built upon (PvP,WoE)
While BG provides the fun that you're looking for by killing each other it will take a longer time to obtain the said equipments. Killing the MVP although it was relatively easier, you will be filled with boredom and the wall of RNG that is against you. The aim of implementing these is to bring the balance between both environments, PvP and PvM. If it is necessary to tune these value due to the outcome of the implementation, that's something that we will eventually do. As I am aware that this server playerbase is mostly PvP and WoE, if the average people could have access to all equipment within a week will the implementation of the permanent beginner equipment will be moot.

Jack

Here to help
Developer
12-Sep, 16
Australia
Guild
Generic
IGN
Shoe Shiner/RuthIess
While BG provides the fun that you're looking for by killing each other it will take a longer time to obtain the said equipments. Killing the MVP although it was relatively easier, you will be filled with boredom and the wall of RNG that is against you. The aim of implementing these is to bring the balance between both environments, PvP and PvM. If it is necessary to tune these value due to the outcome of the implementation, that's something that we will eventually do. As I am aware that this server playerbase is mostly PvP and WoE, if the average people could have access to all equipment within a week will the implementation of the permanent beginner equipment will be moot.
Talking about what you want to do doesn't tell anyone how you are going to achieve it.

Give us some hard stats man not just "hey we want to balance blah blah"

you could make grand statements like good ol' no man's sky and crash hard like they did.

The way lots of people see the current system that you have brought forward recently would result in distaste in the community.

21-Jun, 16
There is no balance to both environments with your statements, sitting and killing the MVPs is infinitely better than sitting and playing BG and putting thoughts into your actions. There's no settlement or middle ground that I can see here. All I can see is you saying "sorry but we like it this way so it's staying that way." I see nothing about compromising with the player influx that's about to come in.

Reactions: Aeris

Coojo

Sorry Eh?
Former Staff Member
03-May, 17
Canadia
IGN
Coojo
Wolfie was right when he said the changing of the DC shop was going to be the most contentious change. :p

I don't really agree with the notion that the changes have made things more difficult for new players. Between rental tickets AND the new beginner headgears the new people joining the server should have an easier time getting necessary equipment to get start their journey than ever before. Especially for those who don't have the immediate interest/the means to donate.

When it comes to cards being in the DC shop, i can't even think of a single person who bought cards with DC before. I can't say i feel too strongly one way or another about something that was so rarely used that i can't recall a single instance in the last year. That being said i do think something should be implemented to replace that avenue of acquisition. (Mystical Card Album's in BG Misc shop for 400~500?! :D)

Tombstones: PvP will be active on the map with a dead MvP. That's even easier than a tombstone and it doesn't display a time for people like Co Ai to abuse. It seems like an improvement to the old system. Quite frankly... i haven't seen or thought of one suggestion that would entirely prevent someone who is motivated enough from hoarding MvP cards. Where there is a will there is a way.

BG: I can't say i think that 1600 is fair for the old DC items. That is a time commitment that some people just can't put in reasonably due to time constraints. The result of that is that it does obligate players (to an extent) to play PvM if they do want to get their hands on Rippers ect. We should be able to play PvP or PvM and expect somewhat similar outcomes from time invested which is something we won't see from a 1600 badge price tag and a 3% drop rate on loot boxes. My concern isn't with the system so much as the drastic disparity in end result for time put in.

Im just "Puttin In My 2 Centz." ;D

02-Sep, 16
Did you even read at the stuffs that I wrote?

But I could be wrong, and it is reasonable to tune the cost needed for one loot box depending on the average participation number for every HH.
If it is necessary to tune these value due to the outcome of the implementation, that's something that we will eventually do

Talking about what you want to do doesn't tell anyone how you are going to achieve it.

Give us some hard stats man not just "hey we want to balance blah blah"

you could make grand statements like good ol' no man's sky and crash hard like they did.

The way lots of people see the current system that you have brought forward recently would result in distaste in the community.
Currently I'm just provisionally in the team and it will be reviewed again a month after the server has launched. When my position is fixed, it will be more transparent than this.

21-Jun, 16
Tombstones: PvP will be active on the map with a dead MvP. That's even easier than a tombstone and it doesn't display a time for people like Co Ai to abuse. It seems like an improvement to the old system. Quite frankly... i haven't seen or thought of one suggestion that would entirely prevent someone who is motivated enough from hoarding MvP cards. Where there is a will there is a way.
In what world is this system easier than a tombstone? Do you not understand that having a tombstone will let people know when EXACTLY the window opens for the MVP to spawn. This PvP system while good should co-exist with the tombstones. Removing tombstones infinitely makes it easier for 1 person or group to COMPLETELY hoard the valuable MVPs.

When it comes to cards being in the DC shop, i can't even think of a single person who bought cards with DC before. I can't say i feel too strongly one way or another about something that was so rarely used that i can't recall a single instance in the last year.
I'm not disagreeing with the fact that the new donation shop is healthier for the server it's the fact that there's barely anything in it to even entice people to donate.

Jack

Here to help
Developer
12-Sep, 16
Australia
Guild
Generic
IGN
Shoe Shiner/RuthIess
Did you even read at the stuffs that I wrote?

Currently I'm just provisionally in the team and it will be reviewed again a month after the server has launched. When my position is fixed, it will be more transparent than this.

I did read. What I am saying is "we want to tune things" doesn't really tell us anything

If you don't know what you are going to do just say that. Or maybe say we recognise things have to change and we are working on a solution

Coojo

Sorry Eh?
Former Staff Member
03-May, 17
Canadia
IGN
Coojo
In what world is this system easier than a tombstone? Do you not understand that having a tombstone will let people know when EXACTLY the window opens for the MVP to spawn. This PvP system while good should co-exist with the tombstones. Removing tombstones infinitely makes it easier for 1 person or group to COMPLETELY hoard the valuable MVPs.
It's easier because the person who wants to hoard the MvP's doesn't have a literal clock telling him what time to come. Any time the server restarts, they can't just go to the clock and see what time to show up. I never said it's perfect, but i have a hard time saying that giving someone stop watch makes it harder to time things.

I'm not disagreeing with the fact that the new donation shop is healthier for the server it's the fact that there's barely anything in it to even entice people to donate.
I 100% agree that there could/should be more incentive to donate, i was specifying specifically when it comes to cards it doesn't matter THAT much when its not used enough to matter anyway.

02-Sep, 16
I did read. What I am saying is "we want to tune things" doesn't really tell us anything

If you don't know what you are going to do just say that. Or maybe say we recognise things have to change and we are working on a solution
Then pardon me as English is not my main language. I will try to be much more specific in the future. In this case, it would be the cost of each loot boxes, amount of BG distribution and loot boxes drop rate.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Here to help
Developer
12-Sep, 16
Australia
Guild
Generic
IGN
Shoe Shiner/RuthIess
It's easier because the person who wants to hoard the MvP's doesn't have a literal clock telling him what time to come. Any time the server restarts, they can't just go to the clock and see what time to show up. I never said it's perfect, but i have a hard time saying that giving someone stop watch makes it harder to time things.

I 100% agree that there could/should be more incentive to donate, i was specifying specifically when it comes to cards it doesn't matter THAT much when its not used enough to matter anyway.
You know that guy wanting to hoard mvps has the literal clock regardless of the tomb being available or not.

If you kill it you know when it will spawn next...

edit: Thx storm that's all i wanted

duckbenok

Developer
15-Jul, 16
Ill share my secret beginner catch up technique with you guys without doing MVP or BG!
1.) Beg 5m from a player.
2.) Beg every 10 minutes theres a 3% RNG chance that they will give you 5m or not.
5m x 60mins = 30m per hr
Assuming you do this 10hrs per day = 300m per day
In 2 weeks you can earn up to 4.2 billion!

02-Sep, 16
Ill share my secret beginner catch up technique with you guys without doing MVP or BG!
1.) Beg 5m from a player.
2.) Beg every 10 minutes theres a 3% RNG chance that they will give you 5m or not.
5m x 60mins = 30m per hr
Assuming you do this 10hrs per day = 300m per day
In 2 weeks you can earn up to 4.2 billion!
Reported for possible catfishing the community lul

21-Jun, 16
The tombstones literally do not apply to the people that try and hoard the MVPs, the tombstones are there for the newer players to know when exactly a high value MVP is coming up. Here's an example of a timer that people use. asdf.png

Coojo

Sorry Eh?
Former Staff Member
03-May, 17
Canadia
IGN
Coojo
You know that guy wanting to hoard mvps has the literal clock regardless of the tomb being available or not.
If you kill it you know when it will spawn next...
If it were possible for a single person to be awake and on bRO 24/7 i would agree with you. But considering that people sleep, work, go to school and the server shuts down occasionally. It should reasonably be possible to lose track of an MvP's times. It should reduce the ability to hoard. Once again: I have a hard time saying that providing someone with a clock makes it harder to time things. Just my 2 centz.
Post automatically merged:

The tombstones literally do not apply to the people that try and hoard the MVPs, the tombstones are there for the newer players to know when exactly a high value MVP is coming up. Here's an example of a timer that people use. View attachment 3494

If it were possible for a single person to be awake and on bRO 24/7 i would agree with you. But considering that people sleep, work, go to school and the server shuts down occasionally. It should reasonably be possible to lose track of an MvP's times. It should reduce the ability to hoard. Once again: I have a hard time saying that providing someone with a clock makes it harder to time things. Just my 2 centz.

Last edited:
21-Jun, 16
If it were possible for a single person to be awake and on bRO 24/7 i would agree with you. But considering that people sleep, work, go to school and should reasonably lose track of an MvP's times at least once a day it should reduce the ability to hoard. Once again: I have a hard time saying that providing someone with a clock makes it harder to times things. Just my 2 centz.
Post automatically merged:
Did you not read my previous posts? Because I've specifically said 1 person or group can completely hoard the high value MVPs. I don't think you're getting the point here. Explain to me how the new players are supposed to get their MVP cards when there's no tombstones? You'll probably say buy it from the players but how? Hunt zeny? No because as of right now there's no use for zeny. War Badges? Good luck getting the amount you need since you'll be a sitting duck in BG with the beginner equips. Especially since the hoarders will be the one setting the prices since they will have full monopoly on the MVPs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)