Suggestion MVP Tombs, The DC shop, and Battlegrounds.

Aeris

Game Master
08-Sep, 16
Guild
Generic
IGN
Aeris
As early access comes to an end and official launch creeps around the corner, I think this is something important to address. Several of my own guild members, new and old to blackout, are expressing concern about whether they’ll even have a chance at contesting mvps. A HUGE disadvantage of not having a tomb implemented is that whoever last kills the MVP will be able to track it at their own set time. In theory if this does happen, then this individual will be able to hoard a set number of cards with the potential of causing economic harm (inflation due to lack of X cards, etc) With the removal of the Tomb system, it was stated that there will be a new way of tracking the MVP. I assume this is through an NPC of some sort.

The DC shop has also been wiped clean of old headgears, cards, etc. Headgears previously found here have been moved to the Battlegrounds shop.

I’ll address a few things others have shared with me.
  • With the removal of the tomb system, is there any way for new players to catch up fairly in comparison to older players?
  • Since DC headgears have been moved to the Battlegrounds shop, will the amount set (currently at 1600 tickets) be lowered?
  • If an NPC is put in place of the old tomb system, (given it shows the monster name and the time of death) how exactly will this work?
With the current state of the updated DC shop, there’s no incentive to put money into the game for most people. Sole reason for doing so is for cosmetic appeal, since all current headgears in the shop are costume. I’d suggest adding more visually appealing headgears for those who play the game to look cute and do whatever pleases them (MVPing, PVPing, WoEing, socializing, etc.), or potentially adding a headgear suggestions thread where players can share their idea of what's appealing.

The Battlegrounds shop is a slippery slope. While I understand that many players are against P2W mechanics, how many old and returning players will have the necessary equipment to participate? Along with any new players expressing interest in joining, since this will be a necessity for them to gear – how will they stack against anyone who’s geared from head to toe? Rental headgears and the Beginner set fills in gaps, but will there be card replacements to fill these areas? With the set amount of tickets given to smaller groups that BG, it’s almost necessary to have BG running throughout the day to accumulate their desired amount. The amount set for these HG should either be reduced to a set amount, (ex: ~1200 tickets) or we should increase the amount of BG tickets given to players that participate. If Blackout wants to continue a non-P2W economy, I’d suggest also adding MVP cards into the Battlegrounds shop for a set amount. (~300-500 per MVP card? # will vary on the importance of the card,
[ie: Tao, Bascojin/White Lady, etc.])

Last edited:

Cynosure

Former Staff Member
08-Nov, 16
Phillipines
Guild
Classics, Triggered,
IGN
Cynosure
+1 At least put better/more cosmetic items in the DC shop.

P.S Happy 200th post Hooray

CancerKid

Elite Forum Member
It is not that hard to farm zeny's first and acquire a medium tier gear. You will be out geared in BG for a fact that some players will have the three Ex headgears but it's not really much of a gap., GRc is just below 100m or so when someone vends it. If you put the time in playing, probably in 2-3 weeks time you will have the same gear as everyone with the help of rental tickets to rent those three ex headgearsand an mvp boss card that you want.

Jack

Here to help
Developer
12-Sep, 16
Australia
Guild
Generic
IGN
Shoe Shiner/RuthIess
My 2 cents:

Put tombs back in so MVPs aren't dominated by a few individuals (co ai biet cough cough).

Lower the amount of badges required for an EX item to like 1200 (and lower the random box to 600)

The amount of game time required for 1600 badges is insane.

The only time i farmed that amount in a reasonable time was on the Halloween day/s which i no lifed and BG'd for like 30 hours straight.

How is it fair for OBT players to have like endless gear because of how the donation shop worked before and now making EX items really difficult to get?

Its kind of a spit in the face for new players.

Aeris

Game Master
08-Sep, 16
Guild
Generic
IGN
Aeris
It is not that hard to farm zeny's first and acquire a medium tier gear. You will be out geared in BG for a fact that some players will have the three Ex headgears but it's not really much of a gap., GRc is just below 100m or so when someone vends it. If you put the time in playing, probably in 2-3 weeks time you will have the same gear as everyone with the help of rental tickets to rent those three ex headgearsand an mvp boss card that you want.
I understand that zeny farming isn't hard. The rental system is quite useful for the time being, and it'll help bridge the gaps between new and old players. However, this isn't a permanent feature. Wolfie already stated that in the future this will be removed. Whenever OL happens, I almost guarantee that there will be some kind of inflation from OBT players who are selling X MVP cards (assuming they have plentiful amounts). Having only a GR equipped isn't necessarily a safety net card depending on the class the individual is playing. Most DPS dealing classes will swap multiple cards based on the person they're versing. The beginner set(s) will help fill these gaps but some players are going to want the "best" possible set of equipment at some point.

21-Jun, 16
Zeny farming will only take you so far considering War Badges will be the main currency used in the market.

02-Sep, 16
A HUGE disadvantage of not having a tomb implemented is that whoever last kills the MVP will be able to track it at their own set time. In theory if this does happen, then this individual will be able to hoard a set number of cards with the potential of causing economic harm (inflation due to lack of X cards, etc) With the removal of the Tomb system, it was stated that there will be a new way of tracking the MVP. I assume this is through an NPC of some sort.
If an NPC is put in place of the old tomb system, (given it shows the monster name and the time of death) how exactly will this work?
Put tombs back in so MVPs aren't dominated by a few individuals (co ai biet cough cough).
The method for MVP checking is already there and I've tested myself personally. I am pretty sure some of you already figured this out and keep it for themselves. The advantages obtained from the last player that killed the MVP is intended but this does not mean that other players will have difficulty in contesting these boss protocol mobs.

With the removal of the tomb system, is there any way for new players to catch up fairly in comparison to older players?
We will release Endless tower and other official kRO instances. The new contents will continuously be added to the server and suited to super high rate environment. Currently, this server is in Episode 13.2, with some missing contents such as Endless Tower and Sealed Shrine. This information should be enough to help you speculate on the nature of the server economy when the new contents are introduced in near future.

I’d suggest adding more visually appealing headgears for those who play the game to look cute and do whatever pleases them (MVPing, PVPing, WoEing, socializing, etc.), or potentially adding a headgear suggestions thread where players can share their idea of what's appealing.
I've run through few hundreds (thousands maybe) headgears that already exist in the database and I can promise you that lot of new items are coming their way into the server. As you can observe during the Early Release, the server is affected by the significant amount of bugs and cause all of the development of the new contents has been delayed.

How is it fair for OBT players to have like endless gear because of how the donation shop worked before and now making EX items really difficult to get?
Lower the amount of badges required for an EX item to like 1200 (and lower the random box to 600)
Since DC headgears have been moved to the Battlegrounds shop, will the amount set (currently at 1600 tickets) be lowered?
The purpose of having people to rely on RNG factor and trade these EX headgears among themselves is intended. From my estimation, the best case scenario where you win consecutively with max. number of players if you're attending every BG Happy Hour (HH), the time taken to obtain one loot box is less than a week where the worst case scenario with the factor of you attending HH regularly every day is less than two weeks. I believe that the amount of time investment to obtain these headgears is pretty fair as you could also use other currencies available to trade these headgears among yourselves. But I could be wrong, and it is reasonable to tune the cost needed for one loot box depending on the average participation number for every HH.

22-Sep, 16
Battlegrounds
Guild
Regalia
DC Shop needs more variety of items but without compromising the non-donating players. The server is on a clean slate, it needs funds. Let us be real, we need cash in order to run a server. If we want this server to run for a long time, we need to use a bit of marketing strategy. Its like paying our taxes to run a goverment. Same goes to running a server. Not everything can be free. I, myself is willing to donate and contribute to this server that has been a part of me since 2010. We need to be realists for once in awhile. Thank you and have a good evening.

02-Sep, 16
DC Shop needs more variety of items but without compromising the non-donating players. The server is on a clean slate, it needs funds. Let us be real, we need cash in order to run a server. If we want this server to run for a long time, we need to use a bit of marketing strategy. Its like paying our taxes to run a goverment. Same goes to running a server. Not everything can be free. I, myself is willing to donate and contribute to this server that has been a part of me since 2010. We need to be realists for once in awhile. Thank you and have a good evening.
See this. Please understand that what are you currently seeing in Early Access does not necessarily reflect the situation during the launch.

I've run through few hundreds (thousands maybe) items that already exist in the database and I can promise you that lot of new items are coming their way into the server. As you can observe during the Early Release, the server is affected by the significant amount of bugs and cause all of the development of the new contents has been delayed.

Reactions: CancerKid
22-Sep, 16
Battlegrounds
Guild
Regalia
and also another point, Blackout RO has been known for its massive WOEs and Battleground addicts. Please make sure to keep these two things interesting for the long run, and this server should survive for a long time.
Post automatically merged:

See this. Please understand that what are you currently seeing in Early Access does not necessarily reflect the situation during the launch.
I was not talking about the early access Stormind. I know it was just a trial run.

and also another point, Blackout RO has been known for its massive WOEs and Battleground addicts. Please make sure to keep these two things interesting for the long run, and this server should survive for a long time.

I was not talking about the early access Stormind. I know it was just a trial run.
I was an admin of a server too, so I pretty much have an idea on how running a server works.

21-Jun, 16
The method for MVP checking is already there and I've tested myself personally. I am pretty sure some of you already figured this out and keep it for themselves. The advantages obtained from the last player that killed the MVP is intended but this does not mean that other players will have difficulty in contesting these boss protocol mobs.

The method for checking MVPs is literally checking if pvp is on. Do you not realize that an MVP can die within 15 seconds? Having tombs is the way new players can catch up. How do you expect to newer players to catch up to the people that have already been playing since before the server closed down?

We will release Endless tower and other official kRO instances. The new contents will continuously be added to the server and suited to super high rate environment. Currently, this server is in Episode 13.2, with some missing contents such as Endless Tower and Sealed Shrine. This information should be enough to help you speculate on the nature of the server economy when the new contents are introduced in near future.

If your alternative to MVP hunting is ETower and kRO instances then they need to be in. As of now they're not so what's the alternative for newer players to get the necessary cards to even think about PvPing on this server. If the development team is so adamant about getting rid of the tomb system then do so when the necessary alternatives are in place not now where there is no alternative other than abra and even then the spawn rates of the highly sought after MVPs are low compared to the rest of the MVPs.

The purpose of having people to rely on RNG factor and trade these EX headgears among themselves is intended. From my estimation, the best case scenario where you win consecutively with max. number of players if you're attending every BG Happy Hour (HH), the time taken to obtain one loot box is less than a week where the worst case scenario with the factor of you attending HH regularly every day is less than two weeks. I believe that the amount of time investment to obtain these headgears is pretty fair as you could also use other currencies available to trade these headgears among yourselves. But I could be wrong, and it is reasonable to tune the cost needed for one loot box depending on the average participation number for every HH.
If you think that there's gonna be a currency other than war badges at this point you're probably thinking wrong. Sorry to say this but Donation Credits at this point in time after seeing the shop is pretty much nothing considering the amount of headgears in the shop at this moment is passable at best. I don't think you get how difficult it will be for newer players to compete and stay motivated to play the server when it takes a week to obtain 1 headgear. Do you honestly think people have the time and commitment to go to every single BG Happy Hour? The headgear prices at 1600 is definitely a bit too high and the suggestion of it being at around 1000-1200 is not necessarily off base.

Reactions: Aeris

Jack

Here to help
Developer
12-Sep, 16
Australia
Guild
Generic
IGN
Shoe Shiner/RuthIess

I've run through few hundreds (thousands maybe) headgears that already exist in the database and I can promise you that lot of new items are coming their way into the server. As you can observe during the Early Release, the server is affected by the significant amount of bugs and cause all of the development of the new contents has been delayed.

If ET and other things are added on launch i can totally understand the removal of tombs. But as it is at the moment I don't think there is a good way for new players to acquire EQ.

Getting 1 EX headgear every fortnight is kind of a long time man.

You need like 6 headgears to be relevant in pvp AT LEAST. Yes in woe you can play certain jobs with little headgears (SL, tarot, FS wiz) but others are harder to gear.

Just fill the donation shop with some lit headgears i guess

Reactions: AlasDos and Aeris
02-Sep, 16

The items that will be implemented in the donation shop will have their own unique way as a type of commodity that will exist in the server. As far as everybody wants this server to be free from P2W element, we are also aware that amount of the donations placed by players are one of the key indicators of a healthy server.

Reactions: XKuramaYouko
22-Sep, 16
Battlegrounds
Guild
Regalia
I JUST WANT THIS SERVER TO STAY FOR A LONG TIME. LONG ENOUGH FOR MY DAUGHTER TO BE ABLE TO PLAY ON WHEN SHE GROWS UP. LOL

The items that will be implemented in the donation shop will have their own unique way as a type of commodity that will exist in the server. As far as everybody wants this server to be free from P2W element, we are also aware that amount of the donations placed by players are one of the key indicators of a healthy server.
I dont give a shhhh what item you put on the DC shop, i will still donate caause I want this shhh to survive. all im saying is to keep it unique and interesting and funnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! if you want it to be free from p2w element then dont put OP items. I dont really care cause I can be OP without donating. lol jk. stormind devo me ples.

Reactions: XKuramaYouko

Aeris

Game Master
08-Sep, 16
Guild
Generic
IGN
Aeris

As an NA player, I’ve only seen BG run once or twice — and the times it was up and running, it was 4 in the morning. There has to be the right amount of people in order to get this going for both sides of the population. Iirc, I’ve met verrryyy few NA players who are on at 4 am cst, if anything these are people who live in the west coast. Majority of people tend to get on whenever it’s 11 pm CST, and I know for a fact not everyone has the time nor the energy to stay up until 4 am to join BG whenever happy hour is on. Only obtaining a particular headgear is a bit much, if anything under certain conditions will it actually meet one week.

02-Sep, 16
If you think that there's gonna be a currency other than war badges at this point you're probably thinking wrong. Sorry to say this but Donation Credits at this point in time after seeing the shop is pretty much nothing considering the amount of headgears in the shop at this moment is passable at best. I don't think you get how difficult it will be for newer players to compete and stay motivated to play the server when it takes a week to obtain 1 headgear. Do you honestly think people have the time and commitment to go to every single BG Happy Hour? The headgear prices at 1600 is definitely a bit too high and the suggestion of it being at around 1000-1200 is not necessarily off base.
The method for checking MVPs is literally checking if pvp is on. Do you not realize that an MVP can die within 15 seconds? Having tombs is the way new players can catch up. How do you expect to newer players to catch up to the people that have already been playing since before the server closed down?
Getting 1 EX headgear every fortnight is kind of a long time man.

You need like 6 headgears to be relevant in pvp AT LEAST. Yes in woe you can play certain jobs with little headgears (SL, tarot, FS wiz) but others are harder to gear.

Just fill the donation shop with some lit headgears i guess
As you mentioned that it would take about 15 seconds to kill an easy level MVP protocol mobs and count the factor of 3% loot boxes drop rate from this MVP which also affect the mobs in the MVP arena (Phreeoni, Maya, Doppelganger etc.) I am pretty sure you guys can estimate that the time investment needed to obtain one random EX headgear is actually less than one hour.

Jack

Here to help
Developer
12-Sep, 16
Australia
Guild
Generic
IGN
Shoe Shiner/RuthIess
As you mentioned that it would take about 15 seconds to kill an easy level MVP protocol mobs and count the factor of 3% loot boxes drop rate from this MVP which also affect the mobs in the MVP arena (Phreeoni, Maya, Doppelganger etc.) I am pretty sure you guys can estimate that the time investment needed to obtain one random EX headgear is actually less than one hour.
I was assuming that it only included field MVPs that spawn naturally.

21-Jun, 16
I don't think you realize how probability works. with the 3% drop rate for these boxes you're due for one after about 33 MVP kills. I don't think that's less than an hour's worth

02-Sep, 16
I don't think you realize how probability works. with the 3% drop rate for these boxes you're due for one after about 33 MVP kills. I don't think that's less than an hour's worth
I don't think you realize how RNG works. Same goes for people that expecting an MVP card after killing the same MVP for the tenth times. Note the variance between 1 hour to 2 weeks of time investment needed to obtain these random headgears.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)