News: Change in Administration Structure (pt. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkjewq

Developer
04-May, 16
Hey guys,

This probably isn't what anyone wants to hear, but myself and Justin (the new admins) are stepping down as administrators and developers. We certainly were not able to bring everything to Blackout that we wanted to or change Blackout in ways that would benefit all players but we will leave one of our intended features with the bRO development team to finish implement and tune to this server.

Some reasons for our departure:
1. Real-Life Time Constraints:
Life can be busy and running a server is demanding. Justin and myself are quite busy with work and other real-life obligations that take priority over Blackout.
2. Difference in Server Direction:
Upon joining this team, we thought we were comfortable with what we were signing up for and we ended up being wrong about that. Whenever most of our time devoted to working on Blackout ends up being spent debating on how to improve Blackout from fundamentally different perspectives and we are unable to reconcile our differences, it is clear that something has to change. We believe it is better for us to step back so that energy can be spent on development rather than debate.

We absolutely regret doing this at this point in time but I believe that Blackout should not be manned by a bunch of ghosts or individuals who are not 100% devoted to the current server's direction so stepping back temporarily is not an option we are comfortable with. In the future, we may lightly support Blackout in a development-only capacity. We believe that the current remaining administration team is more than capable to lead Blackout forward and through official launch.

Best Regards,
lkjewq and Justin

Jack

Here to help
Server Management Team
12-Sep, 16
Australia
Guild
Generic
IGN
Shoe Shiner/RuthIess
You were the Chosen One! You were supposed to destroy the Sith, not join them. You were supposed to bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness.

Reactions: moriel
07-Nov, 16
Guild
Warriors
IGN
Davsion
This is sad. /sob/sob/sob/...

Mandy

Elite Forum Member
12-May, 16
Guild
Apotasty
IGN
HP Lidya~
who will gonna be the next 2 new admin in bRo/?

Coojo

Sorry Eh?
Former Staff Member
03-May, 17
Canadia
IGN
Coojo
Hmm... lets take a look...

Yip.

SECRET PREDICTION: Jack will ride the rooster of the next GM too!
You were the Chosen One! You were supposed to destroy the Sith, not join them. You were supposed to bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness.

Normally i don't like to gloat... this is not one of those times.

Last edited:

yingtao

old hag
04-May, 16
Hmm... lets take a look...

Yip.

SECRET PREDICTION: Jack will ride the rooster of the next GM too!

Normally i don't like to gloat... this is not one of those times.

Edgy.

15-Jul, 16
I know a lot of us got disappointed too since we were expecting that everything is good and we are on schedule.
So now let us try to be fair and understand the side of the devs. Instead of pouring one sided hatred. I do not know what exactly happened but this is my own understanding of the situation.

On March 25 2018, An announcement has been made about the new admin structure and 3 members joined the team.
They offered their help for FREE and they did not sign any contracts to develop forever. We should at least appreciate that.
For 3 months there has been no announcements or updates. So basically players assumed that everything is fine and got excited for the release.

On June 4 2018, We were expecting a good announcement that finally after how many months! But unfortunately bad things happened. So what made these devs quit? *play x files intro* . The reasons are stated above but if we investigate further especially this line.
Whenever most of our time devoted to working on Blackout ends up being spent debating on how to improve Blackout from fundamentally different perspectives and we are unable to reconcile our differences, it is clear that something has to change. We believe it is better for us to step back so that energy can be spent on development rather than debate.
There must have been a misunderstanding in the team.

Going back on the March 25, 2018 announcement.
From what I understand here.
"Being presented with the opportunity to work alongside an experienced group will benefit, change and fast-track development. Their ideas will alter the way we experience the game. The server will head in a new direction from this point onward."

The new Administrator/Head of Development and the others were given permission to alter the way we experience the game. So how come there has been debates? I don't know what exactly happened but it seems like the devs cant move freely. I guess Its like "okay ur a boss now but you cant do anything because we are also bosses here". Could this be the reason why the devs quit? *play x files intro* I dont want to blame anyone because I dont know what happened and I dont know the other side of the story. So lets find out in the next episode.

Anyway, I respect your decision to leave because we really cant force you guys to develop for our entertainment.
And yes Im still frustrated and disappointed because I expected a long term commitment from you guys.
But thank you for your contribution to our beloved server. Cant wait to see your works.
Good luck and see you around.

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by the host do not state or reflect those of the company and its management.

Here are some memes.

unknown (1).png

unknown (3).png

unknown (4).png

13-May, 16
Hey guys,

This probably isn't what anyone wants to hear, but myself and Justin (the new admins) are stepping down as administrators and developers. We certainly were not able to bring everything to Blackout that we wanted to or change Blackout in ways that would benefit all players but we will leave one of our intended features with the bRO development team to finish implement and tune to this server.

Some reasons for our departure:
1. Real-Life Time Constraints:
Life can be busy and running a server is demanding. Justin and myself are quite busy with work and other real-life obligations that take priority over Blackout.
2. Difference in Server Direction:
Upon joining this team, we thought we were comfortable with what we were signing up for and we ended up being wrong about that. Whenever most of our time devoted to working on Blackout ends up being spent debating on how to improve Blackout from fundamentally different perspectives and we are unable to reconcile our differences, it is clear that something has to change. We believe it is better for us to step back so that energy can be spent on development rather than debate.

We absolutely regret doing this at this point in time but I believe that Blackout should not be manned by a bunch of ghosts or individuals who are not 100% devoted to the current server's direction so stepping back temporarily is not an option we are comfortable with. In the future, we may lightly support Blackout in a development-only capacity. We believe that the current remaining administration team is more than capable to lead Blackout forward and through official launch.

Best Regards,
lkjewq and Justin
Elaborate then?

What exactly was your "plans" for BlackoutRO? In what direction were you talking about? Did you have plans to turn BlackoutRO into a shitty quest server like Ancyker & Apple did RebirthRO? Don't bother. There is a decent and nicely customized pvp server quest server out there called Dreamer, and you know what? NOBODY LIKES IT!

I would not put faith in a developer that "allows" players to cheat in PVP and WOE using shitty 3rd party programs such as RCX grids and Keyboard macros. I wouldn't put faith in you, to fix this server.. don't know of your background credentials, I don't even know you and surely you were not around when BlackoutRO started, you're clueless!

Riotblade was really the only hope this server ever had, and he vanished from the RO scene a few years ago. yC doesn't even know where he is, so its likely BlackoutRO is completely dead.

Given a miracle and someone can obtain the old server files from back in 2008, don't even bother.

Reactions: Slushii
28-Dec, 17
Lol, How the hell did AJ became the admin? 1st was ryan and then AJ? Years ago you two were avoiding touhou's ban hammer. Good ol times. Goodluck on the server launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)