Blackout Inflation

29-Jul, 18
Suddenly implementing P2W in the server right now would totally crash the market. Those people with DCs would be able to use it and get their desired items while people who traded or sold their stuff for Zeny and other kind of items will have trouble getting DCs due to the fact that it will be highly in demand due to the changes in DC's uses.

Here are, what I think, the main factors of the said inflation in the market:

-Battleground rewards were reduced, causing the items to increase in price.
-The server was relatively new and inflation is expected to happen once the players in the server generates enough Zeny to circulate in the market, surely prices will go up at a certain point of time and stabilize slowly from there.
-DCs are being used as a currency which price is lowering down due to donations became available.

The combination of 1 and 2 seems fair since with the current rewards and price of each items available, you are really gonna have to spend the whole day in BG to be able to get something worthy. Speeding it up a little bit can slowly rectify the inflation in the market and would encourage newbies to participate in BG too.

Also, I do not think that making MVP cards (or any card, for that matter) is a solution to the current problem or a solution for any problem at all. MVP hunting would be less competitive and it defeats the purpose of probability in the game (which plays a big role, btw). If you are putting cards into NPCs might as well make the server P2W again. It will be too convenient for everyone to have everything available through alternative means.

Reactions: Stormind
07-Sep, 16
How about instead of basing your currency around a donation credit, you base it for in-game zenny? it would be a lot easier to just have some sort of secret NPC sell random EX items at a certain time of the day in the server IE: every 3-4 hours secret NPC shows up for 30 minutes with 1 random ex item and you can only pay zenny for it, make that amount pretty big, and usually you can even make it overpriced making you think twice before you buy. this sort of idea came to me from the secret vendor in black desert online where you had to use an amount of energy to spin a dice and see what items it tried to sell to you, either at a good/fair/overpriced manner. I think that would be a very good idea, because it will put the in-game money back into circulation instead of someone hogging donation credits that are legitimately good for nothing aside for some fashion gear. You can't trade these credits for real money nor holding them will not lead to an increase in their value.

Reactions: CancerKid
17-Jul, 16
Guild
Egg
Add something that everyone can have access new or old player. Something that is not a secret npc for like ex items etc. Maybe secret npc for re coloring items but not something that could affect the economy.

Reactions: moriel

hogake_moves

Elite Forum Member
12-May, 16
PESO
all ex item headgear now obtainable on BG no need for the secret shop to get it and for new player is rental shop for a week to help farming BG badge to get permanent ex item headgear.

Vanish

Former Staff Member
21-Jul, 16
The real problem is that we are still mired in the OBT market. Ever since it was announced that the server will be taking a non P2W system (removing all gears from the donation shop) this "inflation" was to be expected simply because donation credits will tremendously lose it's value making zeny and other credits relevant. And since there is an infinite source of donation credits, if we don't raise the value of whatever backs it, then the value of the DC's will drop even more resulting to a real inflation.

What we need to realize is that DC isn't just the currency out there, it's just an item that stand for something of value. The reason why it entices most of us to consider it as the main currency is because we are able to dictate the price for it and profit off of it. Not to mention that we have a donation system which can unexpectedly increase the amount of DC's out there at any given time and if the value it represents doesn't increase then that will just make DC's worth even less to the point where it can be rendered worthless.

And lastly, don't forget the fact that it's only been a month since the server officially opened. A lot of things will still be added and some will be subject to change.

hogake_moves

Elite Forum Member
12-May, 16
PESO
DC (donate credit) = only a costume headgear for now new bro 2018....
EC (event credit) = like b4 only bro "blackoutro event credit" obtainable via gm event.
all ex item like headgear BG or rental npc.
Card = boss hunt and abra....
that new BRO inflation rate now 2018

29-Jul, 18
The real problem is that we are still mired in the OBT market. Ever since it was announced that the server will be taking a non P2W system (removing all gears from the donation shop) this "inflation" was to be expected simply because donation credits will tremendously lose it's value making zeny and other credits relevant. And since there is an infinite source of donation credits, if we don't raise the value of whatever backs it, then the value of the DC's will drop even more resulting to a real inflation.

What we need to realize is that DC isn't just the currency out there, it's just an item that stand for something of value. The reason why it entices most of us to consider it as the main currency is because we are able to dictate the price for it and profit off of it. Not to mention that we have a donation system which can unexpectedly increase the amount of DC's out there at any given time and if the value it represents doesn't increase then that will just make DC's worth even less to the point where it can be rendered worthless.

And lastly, don't forget the fact that it's only been a month since the server officially opened. A lot of things will still be added and some will be subject to change.
Could not have said it better.

07-Sep, 16
Not to be the asshole in this kind of topic, but the sole reason why we're having this conversation about Donation Credits and their inflation and them making zenny literally worthless on a player-to-player trade environment it's already showing a crack into the hyper inflation. I'm just saying you guys should make the ex headgears be obtainable through zenny as well, not only by battlegrounds or rental tickets. your solution as of the moment only implies to the point that donation credits are going to take over as the new currency in blackout. Nobody wants to trade their donation credits in for "worthless" zenny and for the future to come it will stay that way just because everyone has to follow the set path that's been going on in the trade market; "either it's donation credits or bust" I don't know if you guys don't understand my point of view here, or if I'm not explaining it right but the way this server is going at an early stage will be pretty much be set as a template to the later stages of it's life. The other reason why I'm not fond of donation credits as an ultimate economy is because if a new player comes and joins this server he'll ask "hey how much are these ex items and other gear that will make my character viable to fight in pvp and woe?" and obviously he'll get responded with the value of the item but in DC and the new player will ultimately ask "what's a DC?" I'm pretty sure you already can see where this is going, it will make the server look like a cash grab of pay up or no chance to get yourself into trading for items.

Now to the point of DC being backed by something, literally it's being backed-up by fashion headgear and maybe something else i don't know at the moment. yes it's understandable that donation credits being sold back sometime ago for zenny were expensive as hell, but the truth of reality is at this moment these donation credits worth isn't the same as the items backing their worth were taken out. so as for your zenny hyper inflation, the player with the most dc is the one who sets their price for zenny, that's why I put out an idea of an NPC that shows up for 30min - 1 hour every 2-3 hours that sells you random ex gear for ZENNY and it can be a fluctuating amount or fixed amount that will give an idea of the worth of these headgears to the players making your economy stable and not have some donkey trying to overprice the same headgear that you can obtain through an npc.. as long as you're lucky.

So in summary, Make sure you look at the long term, the short term will decide the long term life of the server, ZENNY ZENNY ZENNY, also having the server set the price of certain things will make the economy a bit more stable in the long term, although your players will cry like babies, something like monitoring the price or having a "yard stick" will be pretty good into the trade community so we can avoid hyper inflation.2i1um8.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: moriel and Xenim
23-Nov, 17
I agree that EX headgers should not be obtainable through BG only.
Simply because not all players enjoy and all the related BS and drama.

Overall, i personally dislike the idea of it being secret (because people hate sharing those things, and ofc the new players will be clueless), and dislike the idea of it being available at random times, because camping and so on.

Imho, just imho, I would maybe make the Loot Boxes accessible through extensive quests. Basically, suppose a player needs X hours of playing BG to get the necessary badges. Make a quest that is equally time consuming, where the player needs to turn stuff in in batches because over the weight limit and so on. Maybe something that requires the player to log in daily for a month, and get some daily task to fullfill or, if fails, start anew. Dunno, some complicated and annoying quest but that is still doable for new players who are not fully geared or to people who are not into PvP to earn the badges.

Imho, this will be good for economy too, due to the increase of the quest item market. This stuff tends to be sold for zeny (which is what happens to most quest stuff at least right now), which is accessible to everybody.

Rhen

Former Staff Member
03-Jun, 16
Geffen
Guild
Egg
If you really want to make DC more valuable why dont you bring back the EXchanger NPC.

It was meant to trade your EX item to another headgear but the stats will just move to the "new" headgear. It was made because back then we cannot create costumes.

Now.. if you actually put those Zorro Swords and other items that was added by the previous staff in the database to make use of then that would help about the inflation of Donation Credits and it will have more value.

hogake_moves

Elite Forum Member
12-May, 16
PESO
Ex head gears already back at bg badge npc then need to farm badge to gain back newbie to old player.

07-Sep, 16
Ex head gears already back at bg badge npc then need to farm badge to gain back newbie to old player.
Farming through BG is barely an OK solution towards resolving inflation, we're trying to figure out how to make sure that hyper inflation doesn't happen and also trying to make zenny relevant. We need more than 1 way to distribute ex-headgears, and making them a bit easier to be obtainable and through that process make zenny usuable again not just an in-game item you trade to other NPC.

If you really want to make DC more valuable why dont you bring back the EXchanger NPC.

It was meant to trade your EX item to another headgear but the stats will just move to the "new" headgear. It was made because back then we cannot create costumes.

Now.. if you actually put those Zorro Swords and other items that was added by the previous staff in the database to make use of then that would help about the inflation of Donation Credits and it will have more value.
We're not trying to make DC more valuable... we are just trying to make zenny more relevant to avoid two things: Donation Credits being the single currency people use during trades, and making sure that access to some high end gear is just a bit easier than just grinding through battlegrounds, or trying to buy into the donation credit market.

Cynosure

Game Master
08-Nov, 16
Phillipines
Guild
Classics, Triggered,
IGN
Cynosure
Too lazy to read all of the shenanigans so IDK if someone already said this.

What if we just completely remove DCs in the server. Bring back the old system where you redeem items in the website. With that we can use zeny as the main currency. By making zeny as the main currency we are enforcing players to farm. Therefore people will have another option to get items other than playing BG( I hate playing BG after my loot box got rolled back ). Though a harder route to implement, I see this as the best route to fix the "inflation" and to have a better economy.

P.S thanks to everyone who gave me a clearer view on this "inflation" issue. I realized I was spouting negativity.

09-Mar, 17
Shanghai
IGN
Woodford
Too lazy to read all of the shenanigans so IDK if someone already said this.

What if we just completely remove DCs in the server. Bring back the old system where you redeem items in the website. With that we can use zeny as the main currency. By making zeny as the main currency we are enforcing players to farm. Therefore people will have another option to get items other than playing BG( I hate playing BG after my loot box got rolled back ). Though a harder route to implement, I see this as the best route to fix the "inflation" and to have a better economy.

P.S thanks to everyone who gave me a clearer view on this "inflation" issue. I realized I was spouting negativity.
Damn I like the old system! please remove DCs and bring that back.

Zikk

Elite Forum Member
04-Oct, 16
???
Guild
natg
That may just be the main problem. DCs should've never been tradable in the first place.

Edit : But its all well too late to change. Its been out for almost a year? or two now, since OBT.

25-Aug, 16
Calm yow tits Guys its not that so easy to just simply remove DC, although I'm also favor of removing that stuff, but I guess its too late already. There are people who donated generously in this server...Can you refund all of that? or do you have any option to fill that hole? I mean think of that again and again...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)