05-Dec, 16
Guild
Generic
IGN
Ya Boi/King Martin
Discord
69martin420
What i would do:
Some new credit that is account bound that can be redeemed for permanent, account bound "lite" non refine-able versions of what is available now. By "lite" i mean 20~% less effective as the "normal" ones. So instead of xBand being 10% and refine-able, it would be 8% and non refine-able. This would resolve what to replace the ticket system with. It wouldnt have as drastic of an effect on the market, it wouldn't reduce incentive for donations, it wouldn't be able to be abused as the items would all be account bound and non refine-able and it would still give the people starting fresh a good foundation to start on.
The question is, would people vote to use the items or vote to sell those items.

Edit: I guess adding WOE supplies in there should help w/o breaking the market.

Last edited:
Reactions: moriel

Coojo

Sorry Eh?
Former Staff Member
03-May, 17
Canadia
IGN
Coojo
The question is, would people vote to use the items or vote to sell those items.

Edit: I guess adding WOE supplies in there should help w/o breaking the market.
Sir, of course they would. There are many people including me who have everything they need already and then some. If we're able to sell these items or credits, we will as we already have the items we need already.

lkjewq

Developer
04-May, 16
In my opinion, vote points can work but there are some fundamental problems that have to be addressed.

Full transparency, most vote-point modules only track your click to re-direct you to the site and then the time you spend on the site (old bRO style was 10-15 seconds) but do not force you to vote to get credit. I have actually never voted for Blackout but made plenty of donation credits from vote credits.

With that stated, the system can be abused at the point accumulation level. However, it does take time to abuse the system. We do want people to vote and we want to reward them for voting with relevant rewards but we also do not want people to profit from abusing the system.

My approach for a rewards for voting system would be account bound consumables, low-mid tier, and cosmetic items. The system will likely be prone to abuse no matter what but there should still be a relevant reward for participating. Newer players can earn some low-mid tier gear easily, older players can earn consumables to lessen their hunting burden and cosmetics.

Reactions: Stormind

Coojo

Sorry Eh?
Former Staff Member
03-May, 17
Canadia
IGN
Coojo
My approach for a rewards for voting system would be account bound consumables, low-mid tier, and cosmetic items. The system will likely be prone to abuse no matter what but there should still be a relevant reward for participating. Newer players can earn some low-mid tier gear easily, older players can earn consumables to lessen their hunting burden and cosmetics.
I 100% agree that account bound items are the way to go with any vote for credit type of system. But i am curious as to what cosmetic items you suggest be made available through this type of system? Existing cosmetic items that have value (Think S/A Class Crane Items, EC, Large MGC amount items) being made available through a vote for credit item system would likely tank their value. Changing the economy in such a dramatic way wouldn't likely be a welcome change to a large portion of the existing player-base. At face value i think my idea would be better. It wouldn't effect the economy nearly as much (Assuming you use currently existing cosmetic gear for the plan you propose) and it would provide a good foundation for newer players to get started. Also, i've been told multiple times that the rental ticket system will be replaced. My suggestion would kill 2 birds with 1 stone in regards to that. While if i was to restart today under what you suggest it would be a fairly significant task to get even the bare essentials to remain effective in a competitive environment. (Without donating anyway)

I personally feel that using existing cosmetic items would likely tank their value exponentially over time and that its not the greatest idea to enact a system that changes the economy in a significant way as it could negatively effect those who have already donated, won events previously ect... Do you suggest new cosmetic items be used? Existing ones? Out of curiosity would you be able to give an example or 2 as to what you mean by each of the following: "account bound consumables, low-mid tier, and cosmetic items."

lkjewq

Developer
04-May, 16
I think this is where I say something about assumptions being dangerous.

I apologize for not being clear, I think that the cosmetics gained through vote-points should be vote-point exclusive. They should be highly specific as it is a reward for supporting the server and being rewarded in a way that does not impact game-play (and is account bound so has no trade value).

Your proposed suggestion of lite-items (i.e. 80-90% value of end-game items) as obtainable through the vote-point system. That kind of gear should be easily attainable by methods that do not require waiting as there should not be an X time barrier of entry to end-game content as is such with items exclusive to account bound vote-based systems. However, lite-gear can also be present in this systems for less-active players but this should not be the exclusive route to obtaining that lite-gear.

Rewards: (all account-bound)
Choice of basic consumables for each class, i.e. boxes/converters/healing/scrolls of a small quantity per vote. (i.e. a full day's worth of voting may take you 5 minutes so that may be worth 50-100 converters)
Choice of low-mid tier items, i.e. MVP gear from MVPs not in MVP rooms in a reduced slightly reduced manner or for an exorbitant price (new players may have difficulty finding these MVPs up and competing for them), Lite-versions of end-game gear can also be placed in this section.
Disregard which specific cosmetics, there are plenty of new cosmetics that could be implemented into bRO.

Last edited:

Coojo

Sorry Eh?
Former Staff Member
03-May, 17
Canadia
IGN
Coojo
I think this is where I say something about assumptions being dangerous.

I apologize for not being clear, I think that the cosmetics gained through vote-points should be vote-point exclusive. They should be highly specific as it is a reward for supporting the server and being rewarded in a way that does not impact game-play (and is account bound so has no trade value).

Your proposed suggestion of lite-items (i.e. 80-90% value of end-game items) as obtainable through the vote-point system. That kind of gear should be easily attainable by methods that do not require waiting as there should not be an X time barrier of entry to end-game content as is such with items exclusive to account bound vote-based systems. However, lite-gear can also be present in this systems for less-active players but this should not be the exclusive route to obtaining that lite-gear.

Rewards: (all account-bound)
Choice of basic consumables for each class, i.e. boxes/converters/healing/scrolls of a small quantity per vote. (i.e. a full day's worth of voting may take you 5 minutes so that may be worth 50-100 converters)
Choice of low-mid tier items, i.e. MVP gear from MVPs not in MVP rooms in a reduced slightly reduced manner or for an exorbitant price (new players may have difficulty finding these MVPs up and competing for them), Lite-versions of end-game gear can also be placed in this section.
Disregard which specific cosmetics, there are plenty of cosmetics that could be implemented that bRO has not seen yet.
I know that making assumptions can be dangerous, which is why i specified the assumption. I was trying to get a bit more clarity. That being said it does seem like good plan and i also agree that a vote for credit system shouldnt be the only avenue to getting a hypothetical "lite" version. (or the regular version either, if there's actual work involved). From what i'm aware of there was a notification of intent to allow most DC items to be crafted via NPC. Between some type of account bound vote for credit system, crafting and donations that should satisfy everyone one way or another.

TL;DR Much clearer, like idea. Should work. (>^-^)>(Kudo)
Edit: Ty for clear,concise and direct response.

Last edited:

Cynosure

Game Master
08-Nov, 16
Phillipines
Guild
Classics, Triggered,
IGN
Cynosure
IMO putting lite EX items as vote rewards would be sh!t, since poo poo hat is as useful as xband and alice doll as xrip. The only relevance of having lite EX items would be the aesthetic it gives. In the future, newbies who redeemed these items would only have problems storing the items. Making it account-bound and non refinable is already a great reason on getting the original EX items. I think it would be proper to give nerfs to cards instead. Keep the EX items as is.

Also +1 on the WoE supplies being obtainable from voting, this would enforce established players to tycoon level players to vote.

Suggestion: Make instances where mobs drop certain fragments or shards that would later on be used to create elemental armors. If you somehow agree to this, should it be tradable or non-tradable? Making it tradable means the hard workers get a new way to get money, while making it non tradable enforces the lazy to do the instance for them to not be at a disadvantage during PvP or WoE. Also the reward for these instances doesn't stop at elemental armors, more rewards means more things to do. I'm also suggesting status accessories([1]Str Ring: Gives you +5 str and so on). BTW if you're thinking its going to be OP, just make it a hard quest to do. Personally think slotted status rings that gives +5 extra status points is not OP, its just that we need better options since blackout is a super high rate server. PS Wouldn't it be cool if they named status rings like, Gucci Belt = +5 str, Yeezys = +5 Agi. (Looks at @Albert *wink wink*)

Reactions: Stormind

XKuramaYouko

Elite Forum Member
13-Jun, 17
Guild
Phantasm
I'll be short and blunt since most likely I won't play again due to my desire to go back to the old Blackout.
1) Bring back KVM
2) Disable upgrade on EX-items when inside the castle during WoE.
3) Get rid of speed pots in BG.
4) Classic WoE in some days.

Anyway, good luck and best to the server.
P.S. I like the new forum.

lkjewq

Developer
04-May, 16
I'll be short and blunt since most likely I won't play again due to my desire to go back to the old Blackout.
1) Bring back KVM
2) Disable upgrade on EX-items when inside the castle during WoE.
3) Get rid of speed pots in BG.
4) Classic WoE in some days.

Anyway, good luck and best to the server.
P.S. I like the new forum.
Can you highlight what you liked about "old Blackout" and what you dislike about "new Blackout"?

15-Jul, 16
+1 on speed pots they should be disabled in bg/woe/pvp for good or just nerf the speed.
Running in super speed is a bit OP.

@Coojo cool story bro.

Coojo

Sorry Eh?
Former Staff Member
03-May, 17
Canadia
IGN
Coojo
IMO putting lite EX items as vote rewards would be sh!t, since poo poo hat is as useful as xband and alice doll as xrip. The only relevance of having lite EX items would be the aesthetic it gives. In the future, newbies who redeemed these items would only have problems storing the items. Making it account-bound and non refinable is already a great reason on getting the original EX items. I think it would be proper to give nerfs to cards instead. Keep the EX items as is.

Also +1 on the WoE supplies being obtainable from voting, this would enforce established players to tycoon level players to vote.

Suggestion: Make instances where mobs drop certain fragments or shards that would later on be used to create elemental armors. If you somehow agree to this, should it be tradable or non-tradable? Making it tradable means the hard workers get a new way to get money, while making it non tradable enforces the lazy to do the instance for them to not be at a disadvantage during PvP or WoE. Also the reward for these instances doesn't stop at elemental armors, more rewards means more things to do. I'm also suggesting status accessories([1]Str Ring: Gives you +5 str and so on). BTW if you're thinking its going to be OP, just make it a hard quest to do. Personally think slotted status rings that gives +5 extra status points is not OP, its just that we need better options since blackout is a super high rate server. PS Wouldn't it be cool if they named status rings like, Gucci Belt = +5 str, Yeezys = +5 Agi. (Looks at @Albert *wink wink*)
The purpose of the lite items was to provide most of the benefit of the "normal" ones while retaining the card slots for things that might be necessary for certain classes like Bacso, Creo and also the 3D's card slot. It would also reduce incentive to donate if the items you got from "vote for credit" were the same unless the server actually receives funds for the voting. (which i dont think is currently available) I thought it so obvious that the purpose was not to only provide aesthetics it wasn't worth saying. Please think before you start calling ideas "Sh!t" especially if the following idea is "Gucci belts."

As far as your idea(s), is it possible to explain:
1) Why is it beneficial to make the common accessories +5 instead of +1? What does this help or improve? Why do we "need" better options for accessories?
2) Why should mobs drop fragments of elemental armor or why not the armor itself? What improves or what problem gets resolved? Which mobs do you suggest drop them and at what rate? How many fragments or shards to an armor?

Edit: Pls explain how does making an OP item come from a difficult quest makes it any less over powered? The power of an item doesn't have a correlation with how difficult it is to obtain.

Last edited:
Just passing by
To give some insights
- Revert The strip that can bypass when linked.
-Revert the WS CT with linked that can 1 shot the MHealer.
-Nerf Sonic Blow Damage.
-Test the skill or the item first before implementing them
So there is no bugs.
-Retain the PvP Classic ( Best Update Ever on beta stage )
-PvP GvG events Monthly not everyone wants KoE and automated events ( They want a organized Events so there will organize line ups )
-Do Not removed the xBDH wall of fog skill
PvP players and Woe players need this . If you think that prof should be the only job that can use this wof
maybe you re getting wrekt by the professional players that can use xbdh properly.
-Do not Boost the Biochemist job
PvP Bio and WOE bio is already buffed
You just need to know how to play it properly.
-Pvp Reward - Skull Only drops when the top 1-5 pvp ranker died
The skull can be traded for supplies or Points to redeem some Headgears

Pro abit please

Good bye
-out

Coojo

Sorry Eh?
Former Staff Member
03-May, 17
Canadia
IGN
Coojo
Just passing by
To give some insights
- Revert The strip that can bypass when linked.
Agree
-Revert the WS CT with linked that can 1 shot the MHealer.
Agree
-Nerf Sonic Blow Damage.
Abstain.
-Test the skill or the item first before implementing them
So there is no bugs.
There's a plan in place to do just that as far as im aware.
-Retain the PvP Classic ( Best Update Ever on beta stage )
Would like to see this stay too, but i don't think it should be the section that is ranked.
-PvP GvG events Monthly not everyone wants KoE and automated events ( They want a organized Events so there will organize line ups )
There's no point in removing the mini-games as lots of people like them, if thats what you mean. But i do agree that some type of GvG event should be held on a regular basis.
-Do Not removed the xBDH wall of fog skill
PvP players and Woe players need this . If you think that prof should be the only job that can use this wof
maybe you re getting wrekt by the professional players that can use xbdh properly.
I personally disagree that WoF should be kept as a function for BDH. (See above) Although i would like to hear why exactly you think keeping the function helps make the environment better for everyone. Help everyone make an informed opinion.
-Do not Boost the Biochemist job
PvP Bio and WOE bio is already buffed
You just need to know how to play it properly.
I dont think the biochemist itself should be buffed either, but the homunc's should at least get back to being a usable function. Similar to old bRO at least.
-Pvp Reward - Skull Only drops when the top 1-5 pvp ranker died. The skull can be traded for supplies or Points to redeem some Headgears
A bit vague on how your proposed ranking system works, but it seems fairly abuse-able if all it takes is 2 people in the ranking system to just kill eachother over and over. Please elaborate with detail so everyone can understand fully :)
Pro abit please
Ty for saying please and i will :)

Last edited:
23-Nov, 17
GvG events from the point of view of a player that either doesnt PvP much or doesn't play much or just started playing (which usually means no decent guild on bigger servers): "the cool guys are having a party and you were not invited"

I would rather see some team events where teams are assigned at random once everybody joined. Could be a fun twist as people would have to do with whoever is in the team, interact with different people, and also everybody would have a chance to be on the winning side.

Random suggestion based on this: split people who joined in 2 teams and let them fight against each other till last man standing or something =P

lkjewq

Developer
04-May, 16
GvG events from the point of view of a player that either doesnt PvP much or doesn't play much or just started playing (which usually means no decent guild on bigger servers): "the cool guys are having a party and you were not invited"

I would rather see some team events where teams are assigned at random once everybody joined. Could be a fun twist as people would have to do with whoever is in the team, interact with different people, and also everybody would have a chance to be on the winning side.

Random suggestion based on this: split people who joined in 2 teams and let them fight against each other till last man standing or something =P
Something akin to this is already in the works. I'm glad to see the idea validated here though.

23-Nov, 17
Something akin to this is already in the works. I'm glad to see the idea validated here though.
Yeah I dunno... Overall, Guild events make strong and rich people stronger and richer, so I am all for team events rather than GvG (since there is WoE and all already).

Aside team vs team, maybe some sort of a monster hunt could be fun (not sure if possible, but think of a super MVP that can teleport to random maps as in any map in game, not just within one map).

12-Dec, 16
sounds great!! when will the server be back online? dam cant wait. bRO beta v2 here we come XD

A bit vague on how your proposed ranking system works, but it seems fairly abuse-able if all it takes is 2 people in the ranking system to just kill eachother over and over. Please elaborate with detail so everyone can understand fully :)

Ty for saying please and i will :)

the people who got top 1 to top 5 ranks at pvp ladder wont get any benefits. i am sure they wont mind because they love fighting.
only the people who are not on the top 5 ranker will get a skull if they killed a top 1-5 players at pvp ladder ,
top players vs top players killing each other wont get any skull drops ( i do not know if this is even possible )
that they can exchange it on a customized NPC for specific supplies or etc
that can help weak people improved by fighting stronger opponents

uhh that is not for you
that pro abit word

Godbless

-out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)