DEBATE : Donation Credit should returns to its own value / Pay to Win Debate

09-Mar, 17
Shanghai
IGN
Woodford
Player A has $

Player B has apples

Player C is a unpleasant person

Player A pays the devs $ for a voucher that player B desires. Once player A obtains the voucher, he trades the voucher to Player B for his apples. Player A now has apples and Player B has his voucher. Both players are currently happy. In *this* particular transaction, Player A has just paid to win. He used currency out of the game to trade for something in the game that he wouldn’t have gotten without using currency out of the game. He bought an advantage over other players who did not do the same using his currency out of the game. Pretty clear cut, but for all the fanboys raging…hear me out.

Player A now takes his newly acquired apples out of town. He has an advantage over others because he traded for it with RL money. However, shortly after leaving town, he meets Player C. Player C has been playing longer than Player A and has accumulated more passive skill points. He also has a much better idea of how to pvp in the game. Player C sees that Player A has apples on hand with neither the combat experience nor the skill point experience needed to adequately defend it. Player C, being the unpleasant person that he is, immediately takes advantage of this and kills Player A and takes his apples. Player A is now out of $, out of apples, and has learned his first lesson.

You can *pay* all day, but it doesn’t necessary make you *win* because you can lose that p2w edge over others if you’re a bad player or you meet somebody that is better than you.

Summary : Donation Credit shop should contains both costume & valueable gear !.

Wolfie

Developer
04-May, 16
Amatsu
Guild
Blackout Staff
IGN
Wolfie
Discord
Wolfie#5325
Hi @Yohi. We understand your concerns, however, this is the direction we decided to take the server.

17-Nov, 16
Philippines
Guild
Izludian
IGN
[SL] Catriona
I hate apples. Give me some Chatime Chocolate Mousse with additional pudding and pearl. In my own opinion, there's nothing wrong with Item Redeeming NPC (using DC), besides if you don't want to exchange your DC to costumes you can still trade it with EX items or other items you need to another players who needs or wants DCs. If you want more items, you can still farm for zeny or join BG to earn badges to get some items that you can use.

hogake_moves

Elite Forum Member
12-May, 16
PESO
Pay to win ? Hell no what point to farm and boss hunt and more then u pay to win to get an item or equipment! Haha
Donate is ok for the server life 1 USD to 1 DC is fine!

07-Sep, 16
Sorry to say this friend, but tough luck. you should of played back in 2017 when the server still had the donation gears available. In all honesty i don't get your point of view, (isn't your explanation the same as if you were buying straight from the actual cash shop anyway?) I don't know what the difference is since both ways of buying gear are still pretty much p2w IE: buying them for cash from the donation list, or buying bRO credits and trading them for that gear in game with another player, the only thing that other player can do with those credits are limited to trading them as a form of currency that is redundant because literally the stuff you can trade it for is kind of useless in a gear perspective, it's all cosmetic gear.Here comes the other thing I'm even more baffled with, is how the players are assuming the value of the bRO credit since it's actual backing value is literally not worth much, In the end Trading donation credits for gear would be way too expensive at some point, just because their value will reach eventually reach a peak bubble and then just burst making it lose the actual value, just like every other online currency.

hogake_moves

Elite Forum Member
12-May, 16
PESO
Sorry to say this friend, but tough luck. you should of played back in 2017 when the server still had the donation gears available. In all honesty i don't get your point of view, (isn't your explanation the same as if you were buying straight from the actual cash shop anyway?) I don't know what the difference is since both ways of buying gear are still pretty much p2w IE: buying them for cash from the donation list, or buying bRO credits and trading them for that gear in game with another player, the only thing that other player can do with those credits are limited to trading them as a form of currency that is redundant because literally the stuff you can trade it for is kind of useless in a gear perspective, it's all cosmetic gear.Here comes the other thing I'm even more baffled with, is how the players are assuming the value of the bRO credit since it's actual backing value is literally not worth much, In the end Trading donation credits for gear would be way too expensive at some point, just because their value will reach eventually reach a peak bubble and then just burst making it lose the actual value, just like every other online currency.
New bro 2018 donate credit is currency and DC shop is costume and mounted!
And DC can trade able for card and ex item now easy to re equipment
Just donate to buy DC then sell or trade done u have equipment! Haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)