Guide Cyno's Beginner Equipment Goal (If you hate Rentals)

• Our Wiki page contains compiled information about BlackoutRO's features and custom content..
    Go there to find out: wiki.blackout-ro.net

Cynosure

Game Master
08-Nov, 16
Phillipines
Guild
Classics, Triggered,
IGN
Cynosure
NOTE: I will accept suggestions and corrections on this guide as I am new to making guides. Go easy on me

Intro: Are you tired of waiting for Rental Tickets? Do you want temporary gears to wear before getting your first EX Set? Well keep reading and learn how to catch up with people with EX Sets.

This guide will help you catch up to people with EX headgears, so you can go PvP or play BG to get your first or second or .... EX Headgear.

ATK HEADGEARS: For BG/PvP (All headgears are questable)

Upper Headgear:
A GREAT substitute to xRipper xReisz is Alice Doll, Zealotus Doll would be better if they fixed it. Alice Doll always gets ignored(I see few people use it). Alice Doll gives you +10% Damage against Demihumans which is as good as xRipper since they give the same percentage. It is Easy to make so if you want to PvP go get this.

Middle Headgear:
Next is Robo Eyes, this takes time to make because of the candles needed. My advice is just farm 200m and try to buy one. Robo Eyes Gives 2% ATK and MATK, and +1 Dex. It gives good stats for PvP, BUT you will need to sacrifice headgear slot for Maya Purple.

Lower Headgear:
For lower headgear, get Deviling or Angeling Wings. It gives you +5% Movement Speed and +20% Neutral Property Resistance BUT you take more damage from Ghost property. This is now better than xRetri in my opinion since the are a lot of champs in BG. This neutral resistance will also help with Acid Demo damage. My advice is taking Angeling Wings instead of Deviling if you're going to buy the cards needed since Angeling card is way cheaper and less people are hunting it

REDUCTION EQUIPMENT: If you want people to do less damage (Duhhhhh)

Upper Headgear:
Use Poo Poo Hat or Feather Beret since it gives the same stats 10% Reduction damage from Demihumans. Poo Poo Hat is easier to get. Use Feather beret if you care about the looks.

Middle Headgear:
Use any slotted Middle Headgear with Maya Purple. I can't really find a good middle headgear that will give you good stats so yeah.

Lower Headgear:
Deviling and Angeling Wings are really good. it gives reductions and really goes with the style. Feather Beret + Angeling Wings. It's like lowrate all over again. Except with the wings LUL

CARDS FOR:

Headgear:
-If you're going for STR type characters use, Vanberk Card. +3 str is good :D
-If you're going for Dex type character Vesper Cards are really good. This card is High Tier. It's kinda hard to get, If you're really dedicated to get the +3 DEX it'll be good for you.

-If you're going for SBK Sinx get Kiel Cards, It'll make your spam really fast. This is also High Tier.
Kiel and Vesper card are really not beginner friendly. It takes time to get.
-If you want elemental resistance use: Giearth for earth, Leib Olmai for fire, Leaf Cat for water, Giant Hornet card for wind.

Armor:
-Ghostring Card is really good since many people use champion on BG.
-Orc Lord Card really basic for reflecting physical damage.
(Optional) If you care about switchings get Evil Druid Card and Angeling Card. If you can find the element that the sniper is using you can heal of it or make the double strafe miss(Only few people change arrows during BG and they mostly use Arrow of Shadow or Arrow Counter Evil). Angeling will help you get away from pdef GS since alot of GS use silver bullet.

Shield:
-Maya Card easy to get a good counter against bolter prof
-Thara Frog is the most basic card you need for shields
-Horn Card good against snipers
-I wont put GTB since it's pricey. Well you can hunt it if you want >:D

Boots:
-You should use moonlight card. The movement speed it gives is really good for walking faster (Duhhh)
-If you think movement speed is %#!@ use Antique Firelock Card for extra str and HP though you need a high refined boots for these, I'll suggest making +9 Tidal Boots since it gives good stats, Oh and if you're running this on your boots don't forget to farm Authoritative Badges for the movement speed you miss. I can add green ferus for extra HP but it's really useless if you have a +9 Boot. Amon Ra Card is also nice for that Kyrie Eleison.

Garment:
- Deviling Card is really a needed even if you have all the EX Items specially when WoE
- Noxious Card good against snipers If you really hate them
- Raydric Card for dueling LK

Weapon:
-Just go for TG, TG, Hydra, Hydra for ATK and Necromancer+Golem on 2 slotted staffs, +10CK for redux.

REMINDERS IF YOU WANNA FARM WAR BADGES:
-Get 300 Luk to be imune to any crowd controls
-Don't be a vitter. 120 vit is the max you wanna get for less thana damage. I swear a thana sword can 3 shot you if you have high def
-Get your badges up to 500 and buy umbral. You can sell it for 4-6DC(DC is what you use to buy EX Items) you can sell it or trade it with EX Headgears.

CONCLUSION: This guide was made so that new players will know what to go for if they want to farm at BG or do PvP. I hope this guide helped. Add suggestions so that this guide will be complete. HAVE FUN !!! And sorry for that cringy Intro im Edgy ASF BOI.

Last edited:

Dex

King of Beast
11-May, 16
Guild
Egg
I might use this info
Thank you i hope you can make more guides

Wolfie

Developer
04-May, 16
Amatsu
Guild
Blackout Staff
IGN
Wolfie
Discord
Wolfie#5325
Great job. /no1

07-Nov, 16
Guild
Warriors
IGN
Davsion
GM-Cyno. /wow WP Guide.

15-Jul, 16
what u think should be the main weapon to use in bg to achieve maximum damage output? 2tg 2hydra or 2tg 1hydra 1inca? or 2tg 1 hydra 1thana?

Cynosure

Game Master
08-Nov, 16
Phillipines
Guild
Classics, Triggered,
IGN
Cynosure
what u think should be the main weapon to use in bg to achieve maximum damage output? 2tg 2hydra or 2tg 1hydra 1inca? or 2tg 1 hydra 1thana?
It actually depends on what class you're using. And if you're going for BG and can afford thana you shouldn't get a MAIN weapon since all people have different preferences. Since I see you play champ in BG and I know you have some cash /fsh I advice taking 3 weapons. 1 with VRc for the pallies(Or you should Asura them without thinking. NO OFFENCE), 1 with thana for FO if you really do FO, and one with TG TG Hyda Hydra if you wanna focus on asura, sometimes I also use a mace with Lord Of The Death Card when there are devo pallies trying to heal (I don't really know if LOD works in BG please inform me about that).

Wolfie

Developer
04-May, 16
Amatsu
Guild
Blackout Staff
IGN
Wolfie
Discord
Wolfie#5325
When you're talking weapon combinations, the game calculates card bonuses like such:

Damage * Modifiers
Where Modifiers =
Code:
(Card 1 * Card 2 * Card 3....)
But if you have cards giving the same type of bonus, they are added together before multiplying. Like if you had 2x Hydra and 2x Turtle General Cards...
Code:
Modifiers = (Hydra + Hydra) * (Turtle General + Turtle General)
              = (1 + [0.2 + 0.2]) * (1 + [0.2 + 0.2])
              = 1.4 * 1.4
              = 1.96
Any time you can make a card combination of 2/1/1, you are increasing your damage (assuming all bonuses are 20%/equal).
Code:
1.4 * 1.2 * 1.2 = 2.016
The way Thanatos works is it takes the enemy's total defense and uses it as a %modifier. This is why 120 total def is often a target number for players creating builds, since if you have 120 total def, that is the same as +20% or x1.2 - same as a Hydra or TG. Any higher and you will begin taking extra damage.

AND if you're a dual-wielding Assassin, it doesn't matter what order you have you have the cards on the two weapons, since the game counts 8 cards, not two lots of 4 (if that makes any sense).

Some random info.

Reactions: duckbenok and Sryn

Cynosure

Game Master
08-Nov, 16
Phillipines
Guild
Classics, Triggered,
IGN
Cynosure
When you're talking weapon combinations, the game calculates card bonuses like such:

Damage * Modifiers
Where Modifiers =
Code:
(Card 1 * Card 2 * Card 3....)
But if you have cards giving the same type of bonus, they are added together before multiplying. Like if you had 2x Hydra and 2x Turtle General Cards...
Code:
Modifiers = (Hydra + Hydra) * (Turtle General + Turtle General)
              = (1 + [0.2 + 0.2]) * (1 + [0.2 + 0.2])
              = 1.4 * 1.4
              = 1.96
Any time you can make a card combination of 2/1/1, you are increasing your damage (assuming all bonuses are 20%/equal).
Code:
1.4 * 1.2 * 1.2 = 2.016
The way Thanatos works is it takes the enemy's total defense and uses it as a %modifier. This is why 120 total def is often a target number for players creating builds, since if you have 120 total def, that is the same as +20% or x1.2 - same as a Hydra or TG. Any higher and you will begin taking extra damage.

AND if you're a dual-wielding Assassin, it doesn't matter what order you have you have the cards on the two weapons, since the game counts 8 cards, not two lots of 4 (if that makes any sense).

Some random info.
Thanks for the extra info.
I'll be sure to use this and maybe even tell other players about it :D

05-Apr, 17
Guild
Generic
IGN
Aufrufer, Helfer
CARDS FOR:
Weapon:
-Just go for TG, TG, Hydra, Hydra for ATK and Necromancer+Golem on 2 slotted staffs, +10CK for redux.
Staffs are unbreakabale, no point putting golem in
Just get either
+10 Staff of Piercing or +9 Lich's Bone Wand[2x Necromancer]
and switch to:
Rod[Samurai Specter/Thanatos, Turtle General and 2x Hydra] for Magic Crasher

Cynosure

Game Master
08-Nov, 16
Phillipines
Guild
Classics, Triggered,
IGN
Cynosure
wa
Staffs are unbreakabale, no point putting golem in
Just get either
+10 Staff of Piercing or +9 Lich's Bone Wand[2x Necromancer]
and switch to:
Rod[Samurai Specter/Thanatos, Turtle General and 2x Hydra] for Magic Crasher
WAIT!? IT IS???? DAAAAFUQQ. Haha thank you <3

Cynosure

Game Master
08-Nov, 16
Phillipines
Guild
Classics, Triggered,
IGN
Cynosure
why would you hate rentals ? It's free
Just saying.
Sometimes waiting for rentals is frustrating specially when you AFK and miss one batch, I made this guide so you can get an alternative equipment while not waiting for rentals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)