Suggestion Bring back Ex items in DC Shop

Add Ex Items in DC Shop?

• Total voters
15-Jul, 16
1588749034152.png

Hell-O!

The main currency of bro as per writing is War Badge.

You can buy almost everything with War Badge like Zeny, Ex Items, Glorious Items, Umbral, Enhancement Elu and Ori, Ugly Hats, House and Lot.

Meanwhile, with DC you can buy these 2018 hats.
1588749586347.png

As of the moment, almost all of the players are full geared and people are swimming in donation credits.

Suggestion:
Add Ex Items in DC shop

Implication:
Will add DC sink in the server and improve economy.

Regarding the previous reason why the EX items were removed. As mentioned, ex items are now easier to get and almost everyone is full geared.
So its not Pay2Win if everyone is a winner.

Scenario
*Player1 joins the server*
*Player1 donates $50 to get full ex items with cards*

*Player2 plays bg all day*
*Player2 got full ex items with cards in 2 weeks or less*

In the scenario, the 2 players got the same equipment but the difference is the time spent.
Now if the 2 players would duel who do you think will win?

The "Pay2Win" guy or the experienced bg player who grinded all day?

#BringBackExItems

Thanks.

Kinchan

Former Staff Member
02-Nov, 16
Guild
Agik, Tsuki, Fools
IGN
Smol Brother
Why not bring back essential cards for PVP and GVG instead of EX Items. You already have an NPC for that one.

Same players different scenario:
-Player 1 joins server
-Player 1 donates $50 to get essential cards THEN farms badges for EX items(or buy from a player)
-Player 1 gets full geared in a week or less

-Player 2 joins server
-Player 2 farms badges for EX Items
-Player 2 farms badges some more to sell in exchange for DC
-Player 2 buys essential cards from DC shop or other players(might buy from Player 1)
-Player 2 gets full geared in 3 weeks or less

I think thats a much better DC circulation and if the 2 players duel, wouldn't it be a fair fight now?

Selvaria

Elite Forum Member
21-Sep, 16
Perhaps they don't enjoy buying and selling at any price freely and wants the team to fix the prices they buy and sell

27-Jul, 18
Put Card Exchanger for Warbadge and DC

so both player 1 and 2 had a choice to get equipment.

Selvaria

Elite Forum Member
21-Sep, 16
It seems to suggest all npc should be automated in fixing the ratio of the economy. Result: Unlimited liquidity

11-May, 20
China
Guild
Egg
IGN
Shunmei
How about remove the EX items in the War Badge NPC and transfer it to DC Item Redeeming NPC 'bcoz right now ppl use WB to trade to all items and DC is degrading its value I think it will balance the market economy. Benok was right and it makes sense.

• Love
Reactions: Davsioon

Selvaria

Elite Forum Member
21-Sep, 16
Most economy depends on buy and sell. In Ragnarok, most NPC automatically facilitate general items for buy and sell at price differences except for OP skills. However, NPC found with WB, DC, EC, MGC, WOEC, DT, umbral... Etc. Only facilitate on selling to players but not buying from players, hence this results in players who have to liquidate the items brought from these currencies by trading with other players through various communication channels. When players population drops, there is a squeeze on demand. Price adjustment accordingly. Such is a free market of buying and selling from player to player. There's pros and cons to every methodology. However, should this method be taken away, and all npc is able to facilitate the buying and selling of items from the various credits systems, players would have the flexibility to change headgear or items whenever they want, hassle free. However nothing comes for free. Examples, if I bought a holter for 10 donation credits, after having fun, I might not want it anymore, sell back to npc at 8dc. If I only BG, lots of WB but no dc, NPC has a rate of 50wb for 1dc, if I am willing, would trade my WB for DC, in order to get a holter. This can go on with other currencies.
The team has better insights on how things work than I. Polling and voting can get better insights of what the players feel.
Thank you for your time reading

12-May, 16
makes sense +1 so server can upgrade spec and maintain better [at least my intention]

24-Apr, 20
fix the economy first
Hi if you guys wanna talk abt economy here are a few of what I have observed 2 weeks back into this server:
  • Zeny has little to zilch significance
  • WB is the most powerful currency
  • WB is currently the main currency
  • DC = WB (rate is dependent on how hard WBs are earned)
  • DC = MGC (some argue it should be 1:30; but nobody wants to trade 2-3WBs for 1MGC which is weird given you can trade 1dc=60-80wb)
  • DC = WOEC (same case with B, you can't buy WOEc by WBs unless you want to guess the xchange rate)
  • DC = EC (you have to xchange your WB to DC to make it easier to purchase EC)
  • DC = Zeny (we can see the effort you're putting to build the market in order put value in zeny again, but the thing is, even if you put DCs on vendors, it's still easier to get DC from WB farming)
  • 10WB = 10M zeny (good idea if only zeny has value, but rn this is ignored)
  • 1MGC = 3M zeny (good idea if only zeny has value)
  • Item = WB/DC/EC/ETC (item trading is a mess since every exchange rate is player dictated)
When players say economy is %#!@, this is likely because every exchange is player dictated. The only fixed exchanges (WB/MGC=Zeny NPC) are even ignored by the community. Just like in real life, I believe we need to have at least one fixed exchange rate.

So just an example:

If we add 100WB:1DC in donation shop, then:
  • DC value can no longer be dictated by WB, thus, DC becomes the most powerful currency again
  • WB is still farmable, & majority of NPCitems can be bought only in WB currency; no P2W issue
  • Players are encouraged to exchange item drops for DC as this currency has become more stable. Players can still purchase items in WB as DC:WB has now a fixed xrate.
  • Server can now address WB = Zeny/MGC/etc issues by adjusting Battleground's wb yield without affecting the value of DC.
  • etc
What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Selvaria

Elite Forum Member
21-Sep, 16
Flaws to the first fix ratio is legacy credit. 1LC=1DC. This rule was not followed from day one, due to other unfix credits. To fix all the credits ratio interchangeability will result in unlimited liquidity with the buy and sell functions unlock for all items. However this will bring monotonous to the game. Like you have no feeling for eg. Gold. However, players are creative and may find ways to trade but less if such methodology is adopted.
Post automatically merged:

"No, I like ugly hats." /heh
Completing ugly hats collection, don't know why...ugly is beautiful... I guess

Selvaria

Elite Forum Member
21-Sep, 16
I am with the nostalgic unpopular fashion like animated smoking pipe, animated mini propeller, Saint Louis santa hat, hat of sungod etc.. Wonder why they are taken offline if they poise no harm.
Post automatically merged:

Just few cents worth, 2 weeks of observation is not going to provide the solution for years of economy going backwards and forward, especially the ratio. Going months back, WB isn't talk of the town.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)