News: Important Server Announcement - Please Read

Status
Not open for further replies.
13-Feb, 19
In general, I think the lack of players is due to mostly: a) Ragnarok being an older game and b) lack of new content/incentives. With the right team, I think we could get this server up and running again. . .100 or even 200 players, that would be OK.

I think the no. 4 option is the least desirable. A lot of us have put time (and money) into this server, with the hopes of that stimulating the community (including myself). To shut it down now because our top Admins are both busy/tired seems like a shame. Option 4 should be the last possible solution, once we've exhausted everything else.

So, I think: Option 1 > Option 2 > Option 3 > Option 4. Please don't let this server die!

Cynosure

Game Master
08-Nov, 16
Phillipines
Guild
Classics, Triggered,
IGN
Cynosure
In general, I think the lack of players is due to mostly: a) Ragnarok being an older game and b) lack of new content/incentives. With the right team, I think we could get this server up and running again. . .100 or even 200 players, that would be OK.

I think the no. 4 option is the least desirable. A lot of us have put time (and money) into this server, with the hopes of that stimulating the community (including myself). To shut it down now because our top Admins are both busy/tired seems like a shame. Option 4 should be the last possible solution, once we've exhausted everything else.

So, I think: Option 1 > Option 2 > Option 3 > Option 4. Please don't let this server die!
problem is, it's hard to get people to help rebuild the server. I talked to a guy, he said he's willing to help but not take ownership. He has experience handling servers in the past.

I suggest you guys use the money to pay devs and make updates. @Pixellius is really good but he has a job and not enough time to do everything. I can really only help with advertisements and ideas nothing more. If someone would step up for the rebuild team PM me on discord Cynosure#0707. Let's see if we can still do this.

13-Feb, 19
problem is, it's hard to get people to help rebuild the server. I talked to a guy, he said he's willing to help but not take ownership. He has experience handling servers in the past.

I suggest you guys use the money to pay devs and make updates. @Pixellius is really good but he has a job and not enough time to do everything. I can really only help with advertisements and ideas nothing more. If someone would step up for the rebuild team PM me on discord Cynosure#0707. Let's see if we can still do this.
I mean, that's fair. Running a server is a lot of work and it's not something that too many people want to do.

Still though, it's not impossible. We could find somebody from a different server who's interested, somebody with server experience preferably. What's the point of shutting things down if that means a handful of people will lose out on the enjoyment and experience they get out of the server?

17-Jun, 19
It shouldn't be too hard to find someone to help, we are still number one rated super high rated server on rate my server.net. I went to check to see what we could do to get more attention and found that out. I tested 3 other servers just to compare the playability and convenience that blackout gives. blackout wins hands down and explains why I will keep coming back to it as long as its up. And with the options and ability to find everything at your fingertips for newbs and we still have advanced options for advanced experienced players. We NEED to advertise ourselves more. We can advance this server like many others as long as we have someone who knows what they are doing and we can get more funds from the players.

17-Jun, 19
Don't ever say goodbye, it means you're not coming back... ever....
Why does this all have to end?
Why does everyone always give up?
As i have lived my life saying time and time again; "Don't give up, Don't give in!!"

All this talk about letting the server go..... its sad... not the fact that the server may very well die right here and now but the way everyone talks about it as if it's already gone.....

As i told Wolfie, its not dying, it's thriving!!!!!! Why can't anyone see this?!

Look at all the people still joining and logging on!!!!

yeah, it may be true that people are not playing as much as they used to or whatever but that doesn't mean its gone!!!!

Look at this guys!! I have been online as much as i can these past like 3-5 days. I see a lot of DIFFERENT people log in!!

i have talked to people in languages i dont even speak and helped others with things almost nobody knows about!!!

im done with the grammar here so i can type as fast as my little heart is pushing me to type

dont give up guys, its not over!!!!

just look !!!! its not dying!!! as i said above!! its thriving!!!! who cares that people arent playing anymore!! its a game!!! ive played TONS of private servers, kro and iro, ive played in servers where lvl 2 required 12,000 poring kills!!! ive played servers where 1 poring put you at max level!!!!

You dont see it but i do, this server has something no other server i have ever been on has or ever will!!!! BALLANCE!!!!!!!!!

Look at limitRO and talonRO!!! the owners of those servers are constantly having to fix things! heck, they even get into arguements with each other ALL the time on ratemyserver.net!!!!!! you think this place is bad? guess again!!!!!!

You want to see this thing live and i mean really LIVE!!! back me up here!!!!!!

all i ask is simple

DON'T GIVE UP, DON'T GIVE IN, TO WALK AWAY NOW MEANS YOU HAVE FAILED!!!!!!
Post automatically merged:

redcar
how could you ever even think about letting it die? you should seriously consider edetting your post and removing option 3 and 4!!!

Sarap Ng feeling mo
nice picture, but you cant tell a story about something thats already gone if its not already gone.....

Hosh
option 4 being the most "viable" option? who are you and what planet did you come from? someone gets sick and is in bed trying to recover, do you simply say "pull the plug"? NO!! you help them get better!! give them medicine!! cover them up!! DONT GIVE UP!!!

Dex
no idea what to say about that pic...... i just dont know what to say......

Cynosure
Thats the spirit!!! too bad i have to change my thoughts about your posts based on your next post.....

mercury
heck ya!! a supporter!!! lets do this!!! get your HP and lets save this LK!!!!!

duckbenok
i do believe you have already "moved on", and with that being said, why kick it while its down?

Pongs
theres tons of videos from BRO out there, ive seen quite a few in the past day and a half, you dont make videos like those of servers that are worthless..... lets give the people to make more!!!!!!!

Alvnkh
go ahead and go rest friend, you sound old, and like you have given up... thats ok, let us take up the yoke and drive it on!!

Leene
Well, "pull the plug" yeah, you could do that.... like i said above, someones sick and in bed, do you pull the plug on them too? yeah i know its just a game and just a server but you dont just 'GIVE UP' on something great when its down and out!!! lets say your on your HP cookie cutter and your LK goes down, do you just run and give up? HECK NO!!! you still got your friends there backing you up, you throw out a res and buff your butt off!!!!!! you dont walk away from something great!!!! be a legend!!!! be an Elitist!!!!!!

mekoy2016
yeah, Cyno did say that.... do you support the option to keep it going? I DO!!

Cynosure
the community already decided? since when? i dont see EVERYONE posting to let it go! why let it go then???? ask yourself this, "do you give up"?

yingtao
ok look here guys!!! we have some of the team ON "the team"!!! lets not let that go to waste!!!!!

Sky
although charities would be a good idea, "if it died", but it didnt!!! its still here!! its not dying!!! as i said in my message to Wolfie!!! ITS STILL THRIVING!!!!!!! it hasnt died!!!!!

Sylvaron
You are option 4..... you dont want to see something continue on dont get involved.... simple as that.....

AriaLunaris
its not dead yet, its still alive!!!!! dont you see that??!! heck look at this!! theres new people joining all the time!! old players playing all the time!!! since when is that "dead"?! im not going to rest, im not giving up, im not giving in, im not walking away!!!!

"im a rider, provider, bring the heat girl, ill bring the fire"

zzangazn
option 3 and 4 shouldnt exist..... just ignore those..... option 1 and 2 are the only viable options!!!!

Rescue 911 Rx
im sure Pixellius is a great person but i dont see any movement in the field to show his army is approaching to support the fight.....

Cynosure
now this is sad..... as i said above... "have YOU given up?!"..... dont switch teams bro.....

hydra
it ''IS'' the best server you have ever known!! i mean heck, look at LimitRO and TalonRO!! those are big time servers but BRO has something they dont!!! BALANCE!!!! i mean check this out, the owners of those servers, who i do happen to know, are ALWAYS having to fix stuff!!! and not only that, they are ALWAYS getting into arguements with each other and the general public on ratemyserver.net, and not only that, there are a lot of their posts on RMS.net that get deleted because of how the conversations end up!! you dont see that with wolfie OR redcar!!!!

Cacarrot
so much i wish to say to that... LETS TAKE THE RISK!!!!!

fading_sun
I AGREE COMPLETELY!!!!! everyone gets old of things, everyone moves on... i mean heck, you still play with the toys you did when you were 5? .....i know some people who do but thats different....

Cynosure
heck ya, glad to see you turn that frown upside down!!! i know a few devs, and a lot more people other then that to do a lot to help the server.... lets do something with that post instead of just post it.....!!!

fading_sun
you have said it right there!!! its NOT impossible!!!! lets get this thing going again!!! someone grab the gas can!! ill siphon some gas from my truck to get this rig to the gas station to fill her up and get her going!!!!

AriaLunaris
its not too hard to find someone... trust me.... the person you're looking for is right in front of everyone!! ive seen so many servers die, but why? because they had corrupt staff, completely unbalanced.... and no good thieves running them who cared nothing about the players!!!! lets get this factory going!!!!!

Ive been involved with a ton of servers, ive had tons of different names, Sharpie, Gizmo, GhostRecon just to name a few!!!!

IM NOT GIVING UP!!!!
Post automatically merged:

yeah, i just did that

Last edited:
25-Aug, 16
This guy is little Coojo. Hope everyone had the same spirit and positivity. Well he is right it's pointless being here without giving positive feedbacks. Because commenting here or replying in this thread means deep inside you still have concern on this server and you are just being a feline! What? You want to be a mascot here? Don't bother, you are wasting your time. What companionship? Go walk with your dogs to have companion!

Jack

Here to help
Server Management Team
12-Sep, 16
Australia
Guild
Generic
IGN
Shoe Shiner/RuthIess
If someone takes over this server (Pixellius) the team must show things will change and not be more of the same distant admins of the past.

If the new admin/team cannot address the last few years of management disaster then there is no point in giving it another shot.

I do believe pixel has what it takes to address these past issues and pave a new path for bRO. If the new team can lead by example and show progress through hard patches and new content then I'm sure old players will return. The amount of people that watch this server without playing it just waiting for a reason to jump in again is insane man.

just my 2 cents thanks.

Cynosure

Game Master
08-Nov, 16
Phillipines
Guild
Classics, Triggered,
IGN
Cynosure
If someone takes over this server (Pixellius) the team must show things will change and not be more of the same distant admins of the past.

If the new admin/team cannot address the last few years of management disaster then there is no point in giving it another shot.

I do believe pixel has what it takes to address these past issues and pave a new path for bRO. If the new team can lead by example and show progress through hard patches and new content then I'm sure old players will return. The amount of people that watch this server without playing it just waiting for a reason to jump in again is insane man.

just my 2 cents thanks.
lets go

Dex

King of Beast
11-May, 16
Guild
Egg
just give up guys
guilds will not come back if there is no competition.
this server needs a wipe out

17-Jun, 19
just give up guys
guilds will not come back if there is no competition.
this server needs a wipe out
why do you guys have to think guilds keep a server up? there are plenty of players who just want to play characters for the hell of it (like me). what you need are players who are capable of donating to afford to keep up with paying for rent of server space and work for updates by programmers. I've been telling friends left and right who used to play bRO with me and stopped because of the ancient crash that bRO is back up and hopefully some will. no one knows about a server or a game without help of word of mouth and advertising. i mentioned in another thread we were still number one for super high rate on rate my server. we just have to bring more people on in different ways. when you bring in people, you will eventually get more guilds. guilds dont come first, the people do.

Dex

King of Beast
11-May, 16
Guild
Egg
i can give you guys all my items
im out and my guild is out

Dex

King of Beast
11-May, 16
Guild
Egg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)