Coojo

Sorry Eh?
Former Staff Member
03-May, 17
Canadia
IGN
Coojo
SidebarWS.pngBEST OF THE BEST: WHITESMITHsidebarws2.png

Hello, Everyone! First and foremost, congratulations to Egg for winning Guild Of The Month! With GoTM complete for the month of March, we are gearing up and getting ready for the restart of another bRO tradition: Best Of The Best! So dust off your carts, polish your axe and prepare for battle! The time is nigh for Best Of The Best: Whitesmith!

What: Best Of The Best: Whitesmith

When: Sunday April 28th

Time:

Mechanics of the Event:
  • The Tournament will be Double Elimination.
    This would be an example of 10 people participating in the double elimination format that will be used.
    Double elimination bracket.png
  • Winner of a match is determined from the Best of 3. For the grand finale, Best of 5.
  • The Map the event will take place on is bro_gotm 20 30.
  • Players will be dispelled upon entering the battle arena.
Rules and Restrictions:
  • All matches are final.
  • There will be a 60 second break in between rounds and matches to repair any broken equipment.
  • Players MUST play on their own account to be eligible for all rewards.
  • Players found aiding participants by playing on their account for them will be punished severely.
  • Teleportation items are disabled.
  • Participants are allowed to use any consumable that does not increase HP.
  • All other PvP rules/mechanics apply.

Event Prizes:

1st Place

2nd Place

3rd Place

10ec.png

3x Event Credit​

1x Event Credit​

1x Champion Wreath (ID: 5320)​

3x Umbral Token​

1x Umbral Token​

1x Costume Angel Of Ghost (ID: 20146)​

1x Classic Loot Box #1​

1x Classic Loot Box #2​

2x Old Enriched Elunium​

1x Old Enriched Elunium​

1x Purified Elunium​

Disclaimer(s):
All details are subject to change including but not limited to rewards, rules and match details.
As this event is one on one, any technical difficulties may result in forfeiture of the round and/or match depending on how long you take to resolve your issue.
The tournament order will be randomly decided using this generator.
The 60 second break between rounds will be timed with no exceptions/extensions. You will be recalled without warning even if ill-prepared.
The costume prize for first place is exclusive to BOTB but will be reused for future BOTB reiterations. The exception to this would be the introduction of renewal content to Blackout Ragnarok Online which voids all claims of exclusivity of the item(s) to BOTB events.

Last edited:

Coojo

Sorry Eh?
Former Staff Member
03-May, 17
Canadia
IGN
Coojo
Why coma is allowed?
I would like to vote for no coma allowed, no offense.
There are a couple factors i considered:
1) There is a skill skill available to all Whitesmiths that can effectively disrupt the melee of other Whitesmiths. Just dont get stuck against a wall.
2) The odds of coma actually killing someone are .2~0.04% depending on the weapon or cards of choice. When combined with point #1, the actual danger of coma being more effective than cart term or even asura from the ifrit rings is fairly miniscule.
3) Whitesmiths also have a skill that is specifically designed to break weapons so someone with the intent of using coma is limited to using 3 Lord of Death cards and one Valkyrie Randgris card reducing the danger of coma even more.

17-Jul, 16
Guild
Egg
I believe axe are unbreakable, and axe is ws main weapon. so no need for valk rand really.
Even with acid or WS buffs. They don't break.

Coojo

Sorry Eh?
Former Staff Member
03-May, 17
Canadia
IGN
Coojo
I believe axe are unbreakable, and axe is ws main weapon. so no need for valk rand really.
Even with acid or WS buffs. They don't break.
True, but even with an axe the odds are 1/2500 if you are using 4 lord of death cards or you are sacrificing your shield for the guillotine you have a 1/500 chance. Between the fact that it’s not that difficult to disrupt melee with cart revolution and the tournament is double elimination, the odds of someone actually winning with coma being the deciding factor is still miniscule. The odds of getting killed by asura strike with the ifrit rings is still higher.

Cynosure

Game Master
08-Nov, 16
Phillipines
Guild
Classics, Triggered,
IGN
Cynosure
+1 sir. Imo with those allowed luck is gonna be the main key for winning. And winning with luck is not botb. Skills is what makes you botb.
I'll charge you and force you to the side. I'll put a thick bum FOG and full redux equipment. I'll slowly(197 ASPD BTW) @#&% you with my coma axe and my ifrit ring. To take out your chance of winning I'll be running a high HP build. MWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

@Coojo Do you really want this thing to happen? Even if we say coma has a 1 in a million chance of biting you should still consider that this is a high rate server. The attack speed is high AF. It wont play out like a Novice vs Novice.

17-Jul, 16
Guild
Egg
IGN
Hryk
just turn off the skill and ask them to melee each other with guillotine

25-Aug, 16
LMAO, why people here are so afraid to be beaten by luck? Not everyone here including newbies have razer/macro or even "No delay" like you guys, that's why they are taking chances by using their luck. Turn it off, and were talking of that skillful sh!t player BOTB!

-ps. anyone can use the said strategy so its fair!

Dex

King of Beast
11-May, 16
Guild
Egg
LMAO, why people here are so afraid to be beaten by luck? Not everyone here including newbies have razer/macro or even "No delay" like you guys, that's why they are taking chances by using their luck. Turn it off, and were talking of that skillful sh!t player BOTB!

A13749CB-BE09-4C6F-A84D-33B3C29D2C1C.jpegA13749CB-BE09-4C6F-A84D-33B3C29D2C1C.jpeg

17-Jul, 16
Guild
Egg

Simple logic, If you're botb you don't need luck. It's called both for a reason.

Coojo

Sorry Eh?
Former Staff Member
03-May, 17
Canadia
IGN
Coojo
I'll charge you and force you to the side. I'll put a thick bum FOG and full redux equipment. I'll slowly(197 ASPD BTW) @#&% you with my coma axe and my ifrit ring. To take out your chance of winning I'll be running a high HP build. MWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

@Coojo Do you really want this thing to happen? Even if we say coma has a 1 in a million chance of biting you should still consider that this is a high rate server. The attack speed is high AF. It wont play out like a Novice vs Novice.
If you see someone trying to melee you, there are only two reasons they would do so. 1) They have the ifrit rings (You will see them use skills not intended for whitesmith to use so that would be fairly obvious and 2) They're trying to coma you. Use GTB.

Cynosure

Game Master
08-Nov, 16
Phillipines
Guild
Classics, Triggered,
IGN
Cynosure
If you see someone trying to melee you, there are only two reasons they would do so. 1) They have the ifrit rings (You will see them use skills not intended for whitesmith to use so that would be fairly obvious and 2) They're trying to coma you. Use GTB.
Cody I respect you as a friend. Please listen to us when we say things that came from our experiences. It's not that simple. Even if we counter Coma and Ifrit rings do you really want everyone Auto Attacking to victory? Yes I know to become the best you need to counter all strategy the opponent does. But come on dude its not always about that. Watching people auto attacking each other is boring. It takes no skill and thinking. Whitesmith is like one of the worst class to pvp with, you should already expect it to be boring. But come on! making it more boring by giving the player a chance to just auto attack to victory? WHAT THE FUCKK IS THAT???? I suggested this to redcar to see something new, not auto attacking clash and shitt.

Coojo

Sorry Eh?
Former Staff Member
03-May, 17
Canadia
IGN
Coojo
Edit: Costume Emperors Wreath (ID: 19774) has been changed to Champion Wreath (ID: 5320)
Championwr.png

Coojo

Sorry Eh?
Former Staff Member
03-May, 17
Canadia
IGN
Coojo
Update: Those wanting to participate will need to sign up via challonge HERE. 10 to 15 minutes will also be made available for signup before the tournament starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)