Idea tank

Coojo

Sorry Eh?
Former Staff Member
03-May, 17
Canadia
IGN
Coojo
the people who got top 1 to top 5 ranks at pvp ladder wont get any benefits. i am sure they wont mind because they love fighting.
only the people who are not on the top 5 ranker will get a skull if they killed a top 1-5 players at pvp ladder ,
top players vs top players killing each other wont get any skull drops ( i do not know if this is even possible )
that they can exchange it on a customized NPC for specific supplies or etc
that can help weak people improved by fighting stronger opponents
This still leaves room for abuse though. If the top 5 person has two clients or computers/a friend they could just wait until the room is empty and farm the skulls. The idea itself is decent as i agree that it would increase incentive to fight higher skilled players. At the same time there has to be some way to mitigate potential abuse before its a completely viable idea.
uhh that is not for you
that pro abit word

Godbless

-out
Regardless, it was nice and the Canadian in me obligates to reciprocate. :p

23-Nov, 17
This still leaves room for abuse though. If the top 5 person has two clients or computers/a friend they could just wait until the room is empty and farm the skulls. The idea itself is decent as i agree that it would increase incentive to fight higher skilled players. At the same time there has to be some way to mitigate potential abuse before its a completely viable idea.

Regardless, it was nice and the Canadian in me obligates to reciprocate. :p
Would work if any top 5 person would automatically drop out of top 10 lets say anytime when killed. Muahaha

Coojo

Sorry Eh?
Former Staff Member
03-May, 17
Canadia
IGN
Coojo
Would work if any top 5 person would automatically drop out of top 10 lets say anytime when killed. Muahaha
But then how does the ranking system work if dying once knocks you down to top 10? That doesnt make sense unless the ranking system was K/D ratio. But even then you could boost a high enough KD to get into the top 5. How does one make a ranking system that can retain its integrity without being abused? It wouldnt matter too much if there was no prize, but introducing a ranking system that provides prizes makes abuse inevitable imo.

23-Nov, 17
But then how does the ranking system work if dying once knocks you down to top 10? That doesnt make sense unless the ranking system was K/D ratio. But even then you could boost a high enough KD to get into the top 5. How does one make a ranking system that can retain its integrity without being abused? It wouldnt matter too much if there was no prize, but introducing a ranking system that provides prizes makes abuse inevitable imo.
Yeah dunno tricky...
The best i can come with is some sort of a point system, where you gain points when kill a player proportional to the point difference (if you kill weak chars, you get almost nothing), and lose points proportional to the point difference when killed (if you are killed by weak char, you lose TONS). Reward positions could be associated with a higher loss - for instance, if one gets a reward by killing top 1-5, top 1-5 will lose more when killed to make sure it will take a while for them to climb back.

Still there are ways to abuse it (top folks could abuse it between them, for example) but at least it requires more effort.

Coojo

Sorry Eh?
Former Staff Member
03-May, 17
Canadia
IGN
Coojo
Yeah dunno tricky...
The best i can come with is some sort of a point system, where you gain points when kill a player proportional to the point difference (if you kill weak chars, you get almost nothing), and lose points proportional to the point difference when killed (if you are killed by weak char, you lose TONS). Reward positions could be associated with a higher loss - for instance, if one gets a reward by killing top 1-5, top 1-5 will lose more when killed to make sure it will take a while for them to climb back.

Still there are ways to abuse it (top folks could abuse it between them, for example) but at least it requires more effort.
I would look at it the other way around, instead of modifying the system to prevent abuse i would change the prize to an account bound temporary aura. It wouldn't provide enough of a benefit to abuse as theres no way to profit off of it, but would still be worth going after for bragging rights. (which is far more delicious than items anyway)

Reactions: moriel
15-Jul, 16
I got bored so...

Suggestion #1: Public GM Action/Command Logs (Website Feature)
Implication: Possibly reduce/remove gm bias issues like item generation,teleporting someone in woe,killing someone in woe and some possible gm abuse. Just a simple log that will show the action/command executed by the gm with the date and time. Hopefully this will make more players trust the staff and show transparency. If possible the log must be not editable by anyone.

Suggestion #2: Control Panel Player Journal/Log (CP Website Feature)
Implication: To allow players to monitor/track the stupid actions that they did such as trading a vring+fr to a random stranger. A simple chat and trade log will do.

13-May, 16
BlackoutRO was better without battlemode and 196 aspd

Reactions: Stormind

Bunki

NomNomNom
Former Staff Member
17-Sep, 16
Guild
?????
IGN
Bunki etc
F1-9 and I still only use 195 asps on my main.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)