Cynosure

Former Staff Member
08-Nov, 16
Phillipines
Guild
Classics, Triggered,
IGN
Cynosure
Hey guys, I have tested and high wiz card isn't working in pvp at all... this is not nice because I cannot do much damage to moderately equipped players with high int stat, mdef and etc.
IMO High Wizard card fits PvM more than PvP.

My wiz with matk headgears staff, etc including fbh is only doing about 1k JT and the guy has 1.5 million hp.. other bolts are even weaker.
Note that damage changes depending on armors. You probably fought someone who knew how to switch armors. I suggest utilizing all available skills to do damage, don't rely on single target bolts. Storm Gust, LoV, Meteor Storm and Magic Crasher does damage too.

I also suggest boosting FBH card with the original 10% matk effect, and remove the 10% more dmg taken from demi humans.
Removing the additional 10% damage from demis would actually make FBH busted. It's like having another xSage in your footgear! It's already a really good card, it's pretty well balanced IMO.

This will help make wiz class do sufficient damage. But high wiz card enabled is not enough on its own.
High Wizard is actually a pain in the bum to fight in PvP. If you think you're not doing enough do consider improving your gameplay(no hate). I bet if you fight someone who is at least half decent in playing wizard it'll make you change you change your mind (Kyo would at least make you quit PvP).

Anyways here's a link to a High Wizard guide. It's not for PvP but you can at least learn something from it. https://forum.blackout-ro.net/threads/duckbenoks-woe-high-wizard-guide.2686/

Good Luck Have Fun /no1

01-Mar, 20
My reply to this guy who keeps believing and saying wizards shouldn't have hw card:

You're literally saying like a hunter, knight or assassin shouldn't have thana card or incant card?
This is the fact and reality, please try to realize and examine that you are totally wrong and you just have to admit it.

You cannot justify at all that it fits more for PVM,
that is 200% laughable because why would wizards need ignore def on regular mobs lol?
regular mobs don't even have little mdef if there's even any.
In honesty and reality, this card would make no difference on regular mobs because they are 1 shot anyway.

Wiz a pain in pvp? I just told you I've got all the matk gears available including FBH, and my strongest skill that I've tested is doing 1k damage on 1.5m hp player dude, do you even have basic comprehension?? you're already commenting out of your own feelings and opinion which are all negligent of the fact that my wiz is fully equipped and doing 1k damage on 1.5m hp player.

You're saying oh that's another 10% matk on the shoes? what? lol didn't I tell you that I already have all matk gears including FBH and I still do 1k on my strongest skill towards players who have 1.5m hp?
Seriously just stop commenting if you're going to keep telling me your feelings and opinion.

There are no arguments or questions to be made to the reality and fact that-
The main purpose of the high wizard card is to ignore defense of players in pvp.
If players have mvp cards for their classes? guess what wizards have it too because that's how gravity designed and balanced the game for fair play experience.
This is the official and original effect designed by gravity the developer itself,
so the official design and effect must always be a priority over anyone's opinions or feelings, just like your replies here. Don't take it personally and no offense because that is the case here.
Even the original blackout RO had high wiz card working properly and original in pvp.

Last edited:
01-Mar, 20
@Jack
High wiz card doesn't work on mvp bosses, only vesper works on boss monsters, have you even read their descriptions at least... please go read their descriptions. High wiz was never designed for boss monsters, please read the description of the cards before making such statements that do not correlate...
High wiz card has always been original and designed by gravity and official ragnarok online to ignore mdef on regular players. YOU CANNOT ARGUE OR QUESTION THIS, NOBODY CAN EXCEPT AN IGNORANT PERSON WHO BELIEVES HIS WRONG THINKING. NO OFFENSE.
Another fact is High Wiz card always worked properly in the original blackout RO in pvp.
Please just be unbiased and be honest and admit to the truth, reality and facts.

Here's my reply yet again, please read this first and then make comments that make sense.

My reply to this guy who keeps believing and saying wizards shouldn't have hw card:

You're literally saying like a hunter, knight or assassin shouldn't have thana card or incant card?
This is the fact and reality, please try to realize and examine that you are totally wrong and you just have to admit it.

You cannot justify at all that it fits more for PVM,
that is 200% laughable because why would wizards need ignore def on regular mobs lol?
regular mobs don't even have little mdef if there's even any.
In honesty and reality, this card would make no difference on regular mobs because they are 1 shot anyway.

Wiz a pain in pvp? I just told you I've got all the matk gears available including FBH, and my strongest skill that I've tested is doing 1k damage on 1.5m hp player dude, do you even have basic comprehension?? you're already commenting out of your own feelings and opinion which are all negligent of the fact that my wiz is fully equipped and doing 1k damage on 1.5m hp player.

You're saying oh that's another 10% matk on the shoes? what? lol didn't I tell you that I already have all matk gears including FBH and I still do 1k on my strongest skill towards players who have 1.5m hp?
Seriously just stop commenting if you're going to keep telling me your feelings and opinion.

There are no arguments or questions to be made to the reality and fact that-
The main purpose of the high wizard card is to ignore defense of players in pvp.
If players have mvp cards for their classes? guess what wizards have it too because that's how gravity designed and balanced the game for fair play experience.
This is the official and original effect designed by gravity the developer itself,
so the official design and effect must always be a priority over anyone's opinions or feelings, just like your replies here. Don't take it personally and no offense because that is the case here.
Even the original blackout RO had high wiz card working properly and original in pvp.

Last edited:
01-Mar, 20
R E D U X S E T + G T B :3
exactly. Players have mvp cards so the wizard class will need to have mvp cards for their job too.
For anyone who disagrees, then both thana and incant might as well be disabled.

much love to @Jack

Cynosure

Former Staff Member
08-Nov, 16
Phillipines
Guild
Classics, Triggered,
IGN
Cynosure
exactly. Players have mvp cards so the wizard class will need to have mvp cards for their job too.
For anyone who disagrees, then both thana and incant might as well be disabled.

much love to @Jack
All i can comprehend from your statement is that "I'm such a noob i need this to be buffed so i can be strong"
Post automatically merged:

I'm telling you man. Every High Wizards that goes inside the PvP is respected. If you think face tanking and exchanging blows with your '1.5m HP player Dude' is a smart idea you should reconsider what class you want to use. I suggest playing Lord Knight instead since you think like a meat head. Don't worry I am more than willing to teach you.

Pro Tip: Since wizards have high int i suggest going for xMedical Eyepatch for healing. Also kite your enemy not face tank them. Play on your ground.

Note: It's not like everyone is a 1.5m HP player dude.

Last edited:
01-Mar, 20
All i can comprehend from your statement is that "I'm such a noob i need this to be buffed so i can be strong"
Post automatically merged:

I'm telling you man. Every High Wizards that goes inside the PvP is respected. If you think face tanking and exchanging blows with your '1.5m HP player Dude' is a smart idea you should reconsider what class you want to use. I suggest playing Lord Knight instead since you think like a meat head. Don't worry I am more than willing to teach you.

Pro Tip: Since wizards have high int i suggest going for xMedical Eyepatch for healing. Also kite your enemy not face tank them. Play on your ground.

Note: It's not like everyone is a 1.5m HP player dude.
my JT is actually 280 on you, all other skills are even much weaker.
1k JT is overrated. Why does cynosure want to control this server's effects?.. Honestly @Jack
Cynosure says hw card won't make a difference but he wants to keep high wiz card disabled,
yet you use either thana or incant on all your characters.

Cynosure

Former Staff Member
08-Nov, 16
Phillipines
Guild
Classics, Triggered,
IGN
Cynosure
my JT is actually 280 on you, all other skills are even much weaker.
1k JT is overrated. Why does cynosure want to control this server's effects?.. Honestly @Jack
Cynosure says hw card won't make a difference but he wants to keep high wiz card disabled,
yet you use either thana or incant on all your characters.
That's because i switch armors. Try it :D

01-Mar, 20
yeah you do, and if you didn't my JT would still be 1k and other skills even weaker.
Physics say 1k can't do 1m hp.
You have to understand once @Jack reads this, he has enough comprehension to actually understand the whole thread and to remember it did work in the original blackout server. And to also acknowledge your negligent reasons in protecting your own opinions and feelings which has failed to defend itself, they're false because their opinion based, but my reasons are reality and fact based.
Doesn't change the fact and reality that the wizard class does have not enough damage against any moderately experienced player.

You're only really trying to control this server for your own interest, not gonna happen once @Jack is here.
You said ingame you'd call Jack and convince him as hard as you could because you feel threatened by the reality and fact of my post, buddy you can always try befriending Jack, and being all manipulative but it won't work, because Jack is a mature aussie who does not take sides or gets fooled by a random online player befriending him because of your personal wants. The realities and facts are already in this thread.
Even if you live like this is your last day in defending your own opinions and feelings in trying to control this server, it won't work.

Last edited:

Cynosure

Former Staff Member
08-Nov, 16
Phillipines
Guild
Classics, Triggered,
IGN
Cynosure
1584199291203.png
Sorry for my 1m HP. Also sorry because you'r JT has lower damage than 'Asura Strike'.

01-Mar, 20
Has nothing to do with the stats or hp you are boasting, and regardless whether it had to do or not, that's changeable as always. Why are you still trying hard to control this server? it's not your server man.
It doesn't change the reality and fact that wizards do too little damage.
JT of 280 on you and 1k on the average guy is still not enough whether 500k hp, 1m or 1.5m.

Cynosure

Former Staff Member
08-Nov, 16
Phillipines
Guild
Classics, Triggered,
IGN
Cynosure
LMFAO. I'm controlling what? I'm pretty sure forums were made for discussion. Don't blame the system for your own ignorance. It's been like that since, and it actually worked fine.

I'll give you this. Let me learn wizard for a week and I'll teach you everything I know.

01-Mar, 20
You're trying to control the server also means you do not like the reality and facts of this thread so you say things like I'll call Jack and settle this to go the way I want it to, you even say on your post, I can only comprehend your noobness. You learning and playing wizard for a week won't make my Matk any better.
Int is the only stat that increases matk, other than matk gears.

Cynosure

Former Staff Member
08-Nov, 16
Phillipines
Guild
Classics, Triggered,
IGN
Cynosure
You're trying to control the server also means you do not like the reality and facts of this thread so you say things like I'll call Jack and settle this to go the way I want it to, you even say on your post, I can only comprehend your noobness. You learning and playing wizard for a week won't make my Matk any better.
Int is the only stat that increases matk, other than matk gears.
Guess your int in-game isn't as high in real life.

I'm out. Can't teach old dogs new tricks. Good Luck Have Fun <3

01-Mar, 20
I have not said bad things about you, yet you do say bad things on me because you hate this thread.

duckbenok

Developer
15-Jul, 16
This is a private server.
so the official design and effect must always be a priority over anyone's opinions or feelings
Oh well, I guess you haven't been bolted to death by @Night Class

Anyway, one possible reason why they cannot increase the wizard's damage is because of this skill.
1584200879373.png

And this..

1584201597728.png

The meta is always changing and it is up to the players if they can catch up.

Cynosure

Former Staff Member
08-Nov, 16
Phillipines
Guild
Classics, Triggered,
IGN
Cynosure
I have not said bad things about you, yet you do say bad things on me because you hate this thread.
Sorry about that. I got worked up.
I do not hate this thread. I was here to discuss. You were accusing me. It also felt like you were blaming me because my response was not the response you wanted.
I really want to help you. I just need you to listen. The META will not change for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)