Official Guide Ranked PVP System: Mechanics and Rules

• Our Wiki page contains compiled information about BlackoutRO's features and custom content..
    Go there to find out: wiki.blackout-ro.net

Pixellius

Golden Algorithm
Former Staff Member
09-Nov, 18
Hello guys! ^^

OK, now we don't want to alarm anybody in this thread, but it's just come to our attention that it's about time we gave you guys some of what was promised.
As mentioned before, the PvP Ranked System does have a date but I wasn't very specific about it. So how about I just clear this out with you guys, After all we owe you for your great patience right? Enough yapping, let's get serious.

Release Date: January 28, 2019 /ic

Ranked PVP System
How does it work?
A NPC will show player's PVP statistical history with their name, Base LVL/Job LVL, class, rank and Kill/Death ratio. This ladder will reset every 3 months and top 10 players will receive prizes in descending order. Finishing the season as Blackout Titan I rank will earn you a reward bonus. This will be no place to “sit-n-chill.” Beware that your best friend in PVP arena might just become your worst foe.

Where can I access this game mode?
The NPC can be located at our main town [@warp amatsu 241 231] and [@warp niflheim 199 160]

The NPC will teleport players to a waiting room and from there you will be able to go to the Ranked PVP Arena or the Unranked (Normal PVP Arena). You’ll also be able to see the sum of kills that you made daily.

[Edited on February 4, 2019] This section is currently under construction:
Every time a total sum of 100 kills is made inside the arena, there will be a three minute countdown. Once 3 minute-countdown passes, all players will be sent back to the main town and PVP arena map will rotate. There are currently 2 available maps but we're working on creating more custom-made maps for an even more unique experience. In this interval one of the following game modes will take place:
  1. Double-Tap: Points earned or lost are doubled.
  2. Zombie Striptease: Zombies and Ankle Snares will appear randomly in the map, every time a zombie strikes you, your armor, weapon or middle-headgear will be broken.
  3. Gear-Up: Players will be able to pick up random buffs that appear on the map.
  4. Mad Nature: Storm Gust, Meteor Storm, Lord of Vermillion castings will spam randomly within the map.
  5. Hello Darkness…: All players will be blinded for a few seconds per every short amount of time.
  6. Portal: Portals will randomly appear in the map. If a player steps on the portal, the player will teleport somewhere within the map and receive a penalty such as one of the following: all equipment will be stripped away, receive Freeze status for 5 seconds, or receive Blind status for 5 seconds.
  7. Tarot Your Fate: Tarot Card skill will be casted on every player every 5-20 seconds.
  8. Clone Wars: Every player in the map will be cloned (evil clone).
Important Note: Strips and Breaks produced by these game-modes can't be blocked with any skill, edible, card, etc. Meaning that if a player uses Full Chemical Protection (FCP) and another player tries to strip, FCP would prevent this from happening, but if a zombie hits you, FCP won't do anything to prevent it.
But what if I want to PVP but not lose/gain rating?
Players who don’t wish to compete in the ranked system for whatever reason the PVP 1 Arena will remain as an unranked arena.
Example: You wish to practice or do friendly encounters without losing rating.

Rules
Even though we’ve implemented anti-cheat measures we know that doesn’t stop people from getting creative and ruining the ranked experience for others.
- You shall not team up with another player to purposely weaken a third party and then giving or taking the kill for yourself of your partner(s).
- You shall not “boost rating” by giving kills purposely to any player.

Restrictions
• Must be Base LVL 500.
• No Novice, High Novice or Baby Novice job classes.
• Killing the same player multiple times will eventually result in a point reduction penalty, meaning that you’ll gain less points for killing that same player.

Ranks
RankRatingRankRating

Blackout Titan I​

28,000 and above​

Conqueror II​

10,500 - 11,999​

Legend I​

24,500 - 27,999​

Conqueror III​

9,000 - 10,499​

Legend II​

22,000 - 24,999​

Slayer I​

7,600 - 8,999​

Legend III​

20,000 - 21,999​

Slayer II​

6,300 - 7,599​

Grand Elite I​

17,200 - 19,999​

Slayer III​

5,000 - 6,299​

Grand Elite II​

15,400 - 17,199​

Soldier​

4,000 - 4,999​

Grand Elite III​

13,500 - 15,399​

Guardian​

3,000 - 3,999​

Conqueror I​

12,000 - 13,499​

Recruit​

0 - 2,999​
Note: This rating range is most likely to change due to the fact that it's in Beta Testing mode. Also players start at 1600 Rating by default in order to avoid negative rating.

Bonus:
  • When an kill is done, the player that made the kill will be healed to 100%.
  • Devotion skill can't be used in PVP Ranked map.

Rewards
Top 10 players, including but not limited to Blackout Titan I tier in the PVP Ladder, will receive weekly rewards as long as they remain within Top 10 by the end of the week.
PlacementRewardPlacementReward

1st​

75 Mini-Game Credits​

6th​

10 Mini-Game Credits​

2nd​

65 Mini-Game Credits​

7th​

10 Mini-Game Credits​

3rd​

50 Mini-Game Credits​

8th​

10 Mini-Game Credits​

4th​

30 Mini-Game Credits​

9th​

10 Mini-Game Credits​

5th​

10 Mini-Game Credits​

10th​

10 Mini-Game Credits​

At the end of the season, Top 1 players that ranked as Blackout Titan I (28,000 or more points) will receive a special costume headgear that can only be obtainable throughout that season and will only be given in PVP Ranked System.

Disclaimer: Player eligible for the special costume headgear prize, must finish the season as Blackout Titan I and must also be Top 1 in this tier.
Important! Specifications in this system are subject to changes while in beta testing state, this including but no limited to, mechanics, naming, point calculation, length of season and rewards.

:thinking:Questions?:thinking:
Let us know below what your concerns, questions and uncertainties might be and we'll provide you with some insight. Asking publicly might answer someone else's questions too, don't be shy!

Stick around for latest updates and upcoming events!
Tell your friends and bring them all aboard!

*Tips Hat*
- Pixellius

Last edited:
22-Feb, 18
Guild
Triggered
IGN
Snow Gust
Please disable @die inside the map.

Pixellius

Golden Algorithm
Former Staff Member
09-Nov, 18

duckbenok

Developer
15-Jul, 16
Really hard to visualize everything (Im a picturebook kiddo).
Anyway, everything looks fun and exciting. Im just worried on how you will implement the rules strictly. For sure some groups will try to boost farm.
Also worried on the stability of the server like before BG crashes the server 24/7. Hopefully there will be no lags and crashes since multiple events are happening at the same time.

Nice update.

Pixellius

Golden Algorithm
Former Staff Member
09-Nov, 18
Imagine if no one is going inside the pvp room and if I killed my evil clone I am gonna have a point?
Nope, killing players is the only way to gain rating due to point canculation system we have running on background.

Pixellius

Golden Algorithm
Former Staff Member
09-Nov, 18
Really hard to visualize everything (Im a picturebook kiddo).
Anyway, everything looks fun and exciting. Im just worried on how you will implement the rules strictly. For sure some groups will try to boost farm.
Also worried on the stability of the server like before BG crashes the server 24/7. Hopefully there will be no lags and crashes since multiple events are happening at the same time.

Nice update.
We've got the most experienced developer(s) working in all of the new content, meaning most scenarios have been planted and tested. That being said, that's why we'll be releasing it in Beta Testing mode first, so we can take care of any bugs implementations can bring. Thanks for your feedback, all of this helps us visualize all aspects of this and other add-ins.

24-Feb, 17
1548088940312.png

May I know how you will punish people if they don't stop doing this? Is it under surveillance all the time? Cause I think I would like pvp, but can't even practice cause I get ganked by teaming most of the time. Will there also be a room just for duels or 1v1's?

Last edited:

Dex

King of Beast
11-May, 16
Guild
Egg
Unban please haha

Pixellius

Golden Algorithm
Former Staff Member
09-Nov, 18
May I know how you will punish people if they don't stop doing this? Is it under surveillance all the time? Cause I think I would like pvp, but can't even practice cause I get ganked by teaming most of the time. Will there also be a room just for duels or 1v1's?
The Point Calculation system was integrated with cheating prevention measures. There're more security measures on hold while we test the system, don't worry about it, we've got you covered!

Cynosure

Former Staff Member
08-Nov, 16
Phillipines
Guild
Classics, Triggered,
IGN
Cynosure
I've been thinking about this while leveling up my homunculus
CALIBRATION SYSTEM SUGGESTION:
Hello! Just like you I'm very excited for the new PvP System. As a competitive player I can't help but think about how players will abuse the system by using alt characters without the presence of a moderator. Also as a player who wants to climb fast and get that juicy BLACKOUT TITAN I immediately thought about how to make the process a lot faster. As all of you know most e-sports/competitive games have a calibration system where they test out your skills in a series of games and put you in a proper rank for your skills. So I suggest that we have a calibration system where we get placed on a rank we deserve instead of starting from the bottom. This calibration system will help the hardcore players to climb faster in the ladder. Most of the time there are requirements to be calibrated. In league you need to reach level 30 to play ranked games, so why not add it here. I suggest making a Blackout Gladiator Quest where players who wants to join the ranking system needs to complete the quest to start gaining rank. Players who complete the quest will have extra stat points(to make it more worth it) and a token that certifies the player that they already became a Gladiator and is ready for placements. This system also prevents players from smurfing and gaining free rank(I expect the quest to be hard and expensive).
P.S Regarding the extra stat point. People might just complete the quest for WoE. I suggest that the character who completed the quest cannot enter any castles.

Pros:
- Prevents smurfing and gaining free ranks
- Climbing the ladder becomes a little bit easier because of the
calibration

Cons:
- It will be a pain in the bum to farm the items
- Papa Pixel will have to work again :'(
- Not Original

- Might become unnecessary since most fights are short thus getting rank points becomes easy

Aeris

Game Master
08-Sep, 16
Guild
Generic
IGN
Aeris
everything seems really promising. pretty keen on how everything will play out. thank you for all of your hard work! ♥

Reactions: Pixellius

XKuramaYouko

Elite Forum Member
13-Jun, 17
Guild
Phantasm
Wish there were like different private instances... 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, etc.
Supplies are still a problem.
PVP instance only items should be available like PVP Valk armor, VRC, creator cards, bacsojins, etc.
Nice project for the PVP players +1.

Pixellius

Golden Algorithm
Former Staff Member
09-Nov, 18
I've been thinking about this while leveling up my homunculus
CALIBRATION SYSTEM SUGGESTION:
Hello! Just like you I'm very excited for the new PvP System. As a competitive player I can't help but think about how players will abuse the system by using alt characters without the presence of a moderator. Also as a player who wants to climb fast and get that juicy BLACKOUT TITAN I immediately thought about how to make the process a lot faster. As all of you know most e-sports/competitive games have a calibration system where they test out your skills in a series of games and put you in a proper rank for your skills. So I suggest that we have a calibration system where we get placed on a rank we deserve instead of starting from the bottom. This calibration system will help the hardcore players to climb faster in the ladder. Most of the time there are requirements to be calibrated. In league you need to reach level 30 to play ranked games, so why not add it here. I suggest making a Blackout Gladiator Quest where players who wants to join the ranking system needs to complete the quest to start gaining rank. Players who complete the quest will have extra stat points(to make it more worth it) and a token that certifies the player that they already became a Gladiator and is ready for placements. This system also prevents players from smurfing and gaining free rank(I expect the quest to be hard and expensive).
P.S Regarding the extra stat point. People might just complete the quest for WoE. I suggest that the character who completed the quest cannot enter any castles.
This is an awesome idea, we will surely take it into suggestions to evaluate it, Thank you!
Pros:
- Prevents smurfing and gaining free ranks
- Climbing the ladder becomes a little bit easier because of the
calibration

Cons:
- It will be a pain in the bum to farm the items
- Papa Pixel will have to work again :'(
- Not Original

- Might become unnecessary since most fights are short thus getting rank points becomes easy
Don't worry about us having to work, we do it for you guys! Don't worry about point calculation though, we'll be on the lookout to see if we can make any optimizations to the system to make it even harder than it already is to cheat.

Reactions: Alphabet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)