Amatsu
Guild
Blackout Staff
IGN
Wolfie
Discord
Wolfie#5325
Urgent!

If you have played other RO private servers, your account may be compromised. CHANGE YOUR PASSWORDS!

If you have not played that server, your account is safe and you have nothing to worry about. Otherwise, read on.

Some of our players' accounts have already been compromised. The common factor, from what we can deduce, is they all played that other RO servers and used the same login information as they did on BlackoutRO. We estimate around 20 accounts have been compromised, around half of them being currently active accounts. Again, CHANGE YOUR PASSWORDS!

If you have been affected by this, please submit a support ticket to our forum immediately. We promise to put things right and get your items back.

Also, a ban was issued which may have affected honest players. Items were hacked from the aforementioned accounts, and if you happened to pick up any of the hacked items, you may have been caught in the crossfire. Please file a support ticket as soon as you can so we can get you back online as soon as possible.

Submit a support ticket here (forum registration is required): https://forum.blackout-ro.net/forums/ticket

Not what we wanted to be informing you of (nor should I be posting this, but I'm the only one available).

Wolfie,
Developer, Blackout Staff Team

Last edited:

Jack

Here to help
Developer
12-Sep, 16
Australia
Guild
Generic
IGN
Shoe Shiner/RuthIess
An update to this.

Upon further investigation over the last 24 hours. In which I've barely slept. We have come to the conclusion that the previously mentioned Unethical RO was not at fault in relation to this issue.

We apologise for causing a ruckus before we knew the whole story but we just wanted to make sure everyone's accounts were safe.

We did get too far ahead of ourselves on this matter.

I was the one that had suggested the blame was on this server in the first place so it is directly my fault so don't blame anyone else. Everyone else was just acting under my command.

Thank you for your time. Appreciate ya

Jack aka GM-Froud.

Jack

Here to help
Developer
12-Sep, 16
Australia
Guild
Generic
IGN
Shoe Shiner/RuthIess
Also please still change all your passwords,
don't use an old password you used previously in bRO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)