GVG/WOE Discussion who is your top 1 GvG guild and top 1 PvP Guild

Dex

King of Beast
11-May, 16
Guild
Egg
@astral do you think this luminate is strong? or scrub? be honest thank you haha

13-May, 16
GVG - SeanMatthew's guild
PVP - SeanMatthew's guild

Reactions: Chiiro
23-May, 16
Guild
Anomaly
IGN
Captain Zues
I would say best GVG was the Fallen and Anomaly..

-Fey here.

25-Aug, 16
Guild
Catsu
IGN
GGG!
gvg - zp no doubt ryan so op

23-Aug, 16
Guild
Domino
GVG - RIP, Phantasm, and Torment. But pretty sure RIP was the one who pioneered stacking so they might be #1 on my list with Phantasm and Torment tie for #1 after RIP disbanded.
PvP - Actually I think Celestial Being guild is pretty good.
Apostasy

13-Sep, 16
Philippines
Guild
Apostasy
IGN
Traumatic
GVG - I'd say there are a lot to mention base on their era. Funny to see some new people/guild getting cocky just because they have beat a pioneering guild which is dying. But before they were just a bunch of wombats.

PVP - Hugs and Team CB

15-Sep, 16
Bellingham
Bruh... If we had analytics this would be a lot easier.
All I can do is reflect on the periods in which I actually played.
These "rankings" are strictly opinion based and should not be considered fact.
(If you disagree with these unofficial rankings feel free to dip your booty stank toes in a vat of molasses.)

Resonance (2007 - 2008)
Honorable Mentions ~ Fallen, Resurrection

The 2007 - 2008 period was: the most chaotic, unstructured and sporadic stretch of WoE/GvG competition to date.
So many people playing on potato computers with horrible internet connections trying to run through brick walls of damage to take castles.
Regardless though Resonance edges out the rest of the guilds from this period in time.
The guilds most notable achievement being a VIP event victory; Which, at the time, was likely the most competitive GvG event on the server.

RIP (2009 - 2010)
Honorable Mentions ~ Carnage, Resurrection

Possibly the servers greatest guild ever. They dominated during their time and I'd go as far as saying they were expected to do so.
It's ridiculous how chaotic WoE/GvG was before RIP introduced stack formations and compositions to the server.
That being said, the tactics and formations they used originated from other guilds on other servers.
I wish I'd been more active when these guys were on a rampage. I'm unable to grasp how much success they actually enjoyed in their time.

Zerg Patrol (2010 - 2011)
Honorable Mentions ~ Carnage, Anomaly

As torn as I was trying to decide on this one, it's impossible to deny ZP's stretch of dominance.
Whether it was: GvG skirmishes, castle takes or castle defenses, they won everything.
They didn't need alliances or "cheesy" strategies to be successful. They were just efficient.
Which means, again, Carnage comes in second... Sorry boys, I can't let my bias effect the integrity of the list.

P.S. apologies to all of the guilds that formed and were successful post 2011.
As a former member of Carnage, all I remember is endlessly trying to usurp Zerg Patrol. Once we adjusted our gear/build set-ups we finally did too.
Looking back, it's likely ZP's attendance was inconsistent and they were simply outnumbered.
Zerg Patrol started to fade away for whatever reason and after that WoE/GvG felt extremely lackluster.
Everything became watered down, it felt like all the skilled players were quitting.
As much as I would have loved to compete against guilds like Torment and Phantasm, it was impossible to know what the future held.

Please don't take your exclusion from this list as disrespect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zikk

Wolfie

Developer
04-May, 16
Amatsu
Guild
Blackout Staff
IGN
Wolfie
Discord
Wolfie#5325
Thanks for the mention, @Fantagram. Actually, our [Zerg Patrol] members started getting banned en masse. Myself included. Then people started joining Anomaly. Then I rage quit. When we tried to come back, I got perma banned. 4everamacrouser

Sad times. Good times.

15-Sep, 16
Bellingham
Thanks for the mention, @Fantagram. Actually, our [Zerg Patrol] members started getting banned en masse. Myself included. Then people started joining Anomaly. Then I rage quit. When we tried to come back, I got perma banned. 4everamacrouser

Sad times. Good times.
Damn, it's ridiculous that majority of you guys just ended up getting banned.
I feel like every guild had multiple people abusing either device based macros or trainer type macros and auto-clickers.
I'm surprised people decided to leave for Anomaly though. I'd have to guess many of them ended up forming Torment afterwards?
(Shamelessly hoping to find out what happened between 2011 and now WoE/GvG wise.)
Oh gawd you guys came back to play for a bit? When was this?!

Also I agree, probably the most fun I had playing on the server before people started disappearing (fricking getting banned).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)