Anyone playing on Windows 10?

26-Nov, 17
United States
Guild
RIP
IGN
Ligeia | Caerwyn
I'm having a little bit of trouble with compatibility issues. At least, that's what I think the problem is. @Infiltration suggested I screenshot my bRO files, so perhaps I will do that a bit later. I installed the archived files from the download link on the homepage, I've patched the client. For some reason, after I patch and hit 'Start Game' nothing happens besides the patch window disappearing. ( I am aware the server isn't currently functioning, but I figured the client would run and allow me to at least attempt to log in. ) I've tried running the client application by itself and Windows tells me that I can't run it because there is an incompatibility. I set the compatibility mode to 'Windows 7', if anyone has Windows 10 I am hoping they understand what I mean when I say that. Anyway! If someone could help me figure out what the issue is before the server reopens, I would be seriously seriously grateful because I am looking forward to playing with all you nabs again. <3 Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for your help. Maybe I should delete the file and redownload? And if anyone thinks I should take a screenshot of the file, let me know and I'll get right on that biz, I'm just feeling a bit lazy right now.

Bunki

NomNomNom
Former Staff Member
17-Sep, 16
Guild
?????
IGN
Bunki etc
I am currently on windows 10 too and I never had this problem. I would suggest trying to redownload it after you SS the contents of the folder. I have no idea what would be causing it without some visual data.

26-Nov, 17
United States
Guild
RIP
IGN
Ligeia | Caerwyn
1534115702243.png1534115717139.png
Post automatically merged:

I am currently on windows 10 too and I never had this problem. I would suggest trying to redownload it after you SS the contents of the folder. I have no idea what would be causing it without some visual data.
I will certainly try to redownload at a later date, but for now those are the screenshots of the contents of my bRO folder. Thanks @Bunki . <3

Bunki

NomNomNom
Former Staff Member
17-Sep, 16
Guild
?????
IGN
Bunki etc
Everything looks the same as my folders, let me know how everything goes in the future

Coojo

Sorry Eh?
Former Staff Member
03-May, 17
Canadia
IGN
Coojo
I would do things in this order
1: Save your SS/Skins/Emblems
2: Delete all other files except the .rar/7z file you downloaded for OL
3: Use winrar to extract it again (I used winrar for the 7z file from mediafire)
4: Try if it works
5: If that doesn't work, white list bRO in your anti virus and try if it works
6: Try ticking off the full screen option in the setup.exe file and see if that helps
7: If that doesn't work try downloading the C++ Redistributable Package.
8: If ALL that doesn't work then try asking a friend for a pre-extracted copy of the game files.

PS: Idk if it would make a difference, but i wouldn't move the file from where you extracted it initially to a new folder. I tried to move mine and the SS's weren't saving it there and in theory i could see that causing some type of problem. Granted this part is entirely speculative. Good Luck!

Edit: Im using windows 10 and i didn't have to set compatibility to windows 7. Also, don't delete any bio AI you're using either if you do choose to delete the old game files.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alphabet

hogake_moves

Elite Forum Member
12-May, 16
PESO
Windows defender better then install any software anti virus! Me no anti virus software only in build windows defender no problem running bro

Touhou

Noblerot
Server Management Team
12-May, 16
Fife, Scotland
IGN
GM-Touhou
The new client does not trip any anti-virus, nor does it have compatibility issues with Windows 10. Which mirror did you download the client from? Did you extract it to a new folder?

hogake_moves

Elite Forum Member
12-May, 16
PESO
If she have problem bro files on Windows 10! Free to format to windows 7 no problem always to me smoothly run !

26-Nov, 17
United States
Guild
RIP
IGN
Ligeia | Caerwyn
Holy crap guys, thanks for all of the suggestions.
We really have a great community here at Blackout.
I'm going to redownload the client later and see what happens, and if I still have issues after I've done that I'll try all of the suggestions listed here. I think it's better for me to start from scratch because I've already tried some of these suggestions with no results before I made this post.
I want you all to know I'm grateful for your help and I look forward to playin with you all again soon.
<3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)